To dog delete or dpf back exhaust (2017 200 series landcruiser)

boobook

Georgie If you're looking for more sound then a DPF back won't help. I just wanted a bit more economy by sitting in 6th earlier when towing. It is marginal.

The DPF is like a big muffler.

Barra GU

Georgie If you're looking for more sound then a DPF back won't help. I just wanted a bit more economy by sitting in 6th earlier when towing. It is marginal.

The DPF is like a big muffler.
Yeah my main reason for the exhaust is wanting to heat the big v8 roar.

I am now opting against the dpf back system.

The problem is if I go ahead and put a full exhaust system and delete dpf I have been told it will throw codes

Is this True?
There's gotta be someone out there who knows a thing or 2 about how to achieve some success with this.

I might have to pop on over to a landcruiser forum and have a looksie

boobook

Georgie, it will throw codes unless you have ECU reprogramming programming done. That doesn't appeal to me right now though a few have done it, with a performance upgrade at the same time.

Barra GU

Georgie, it will throw codes unless you have ECU reprogramming programming done. That doesn't appeal to me right now though a few have done it, with a performance upgrade at the same time.
Thanks for the valuable info boobook
Unfortunately that doesnt appeal to me either.

Tell me a particular mod on my car is illegal tyre size etc and I won't bat an eyelid.

Tell me my car won't be covered under warranty and you have my undivided attention !
Sad but true.
I guess my options are leave it stock or dpf back :/

Lovey

Tell me a particular mod on my car is illegal tyre size etc and I won't bat an eyelid.

Tell me my car won't be covered under warranty and you have my undivided attention !
Sad but true.
Would you bat an eyelid about the 'illegal mods' if you're caught with one. The fines can be substantial, depending on who is issuing them. The police or state vehicle inspectors (RMS/Vic roads etc) can issue fines on the spot, which aren't huge, but they can also refer you to the EPA for an inspection in relation to emissions. The EPA fines are in the order of thousands of $$$ for breaches of emissions standards. That would be 'eyelid batting' material for me :(.

Barra GU

Would you bat an eyelid about the 'illegal mods' if you're caught with one. The fines can be substantial, depending on who is issuing them. The police or state vehicle inspectors (RMS/Vic roads etc) can issue fines on the spot, which aren't huge, but they can also refer you to the EPA for an inspection in relation to emissions. The EPA fines are in the order of thousands of $$$ for breaches of emissions standards. That would be 'eyelid batting' material for me :(.
Yeah some people would thinks so but some wouldn't. I guess that's why there are many out there running illegal modifications etc... People get there vehicle defected and removed on a daily basis which so it's part of the norm especially for performance cars and young blokes...
Generally speaking of you got to go to the epa they book you in for an appointment to probe you with emissions etc so people have that time to have their vehicle re corrected or back to standard.

Either way I ain't doing the exhaust now so leaving it stick for the minute

boobook

You also need to change the ECU software to do a EGR block in the 2015 plus 200's.

BTW a DPF bypass is no more or no less illegal than a EGR block on any vehicle, which thousands of people have done. Same offence and fine.

muc the truck

Get rid of the DPF, and EGR, your engine will love you for it. The worst things they could ever put on modern diesels.
https://chiptuning.com.au/dpf-removal-service/
No idea what they're work is like, found them on a quick google search. Thankfully my engine has neither of these from the factory
pollution gear on diesels is there for a purpose . Diesel particulate is as dangerous to inhale as asbestos fibres. even our department of defence recognise this with the b vehicle upgrade.

phs

pollution gear on diesels is there for a purpose . Diesel particulate is as dangerous to inhale as asbestos fibres. even our department of defence recognise this with the b vehicle upgrade.
I agree, can't say I have not had an EGR block on my previous vehicles but I have seen the light, Oil catch can and inspect every 75 thounsand KMs. DPFs are the same as long as they do there job without failing can't see a reason to delete it. Time will tell but for now I'm running with it.
It is Only the .......we breath

Last edited:

akin

I am chucking on a DPF back system on the 200 over weekend (providing it arrives) will do a quick vid and let ya know my thoughts etc

muc the truck

Sad but true.
I am sorry if I come across blunt but
that just tells me you have no regard for Law at all going by your own words. why be like that ? There will be a time coming soon when diesels will be road side tested for emissions . Its not that far off . Diesel particulate is as dangerous as breathing in asbestos dust as the effect is the same . If you wanted sound maybe you should have bought a v8 Cherokee or another patrol only v8 petrol this time . Just be happy with the fact you have a lot of money for toys and good health but don't let what you do affect others , By all means enjoy life but why go out and intentionally render emissions useless and poison people behind you without a care in the world other than warranty troubles ? That just tells me the second the warranty is done so is the emission system on your vehicle . If every man and there dog continue render emissions useless this disregard to diesel particulate and post it on forums about it the Innocent Diesel owners will be bitching like mad when they are pulled over for a vehicle check simply when a few cowboys caused it all . I am far from greenie but I know diesels will be targeted soon and you don't want to be an example as all those that fail will be ordered over government pits . The biggest affected will be the installers . Policy and procedures are being spoken about now teaching inspectors to look for emission deletions as its become all too commonly spoken about on forums . Keep it legal mate and you wont have a care in the world . Legal is not that restrictive and you can do so much with certification schemes in your state with out touching emissions .

Last edited:
I am chucking on a DPF back system on the 200 over weekend (providing it arrives) will do a quick vid and let ya know my thoughts etc
Hi Kingy did you end up fitting the exhaust, if so how did it go and what brand did you go with
cheers

akin

Hi Kingy did you end up fitting the exhaust, if so how did it go and what brand did you go with
cheers
Hi mate yes i did went with the cheapest i could find and does sound better nothing mg like my 76 series with a 3" straight out but deffinately better. Cost was $600 delivered.