Change background image

to buy a gic camper (black series)

Discussion in 'General 4x4 Discussion' started by gig51e, Feb 21, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gig51e

gig51e New Member

hi all very new to this but looking at buying a camper trailer to take my young family camping just caravan parts ect but unsure what to buy have been looking at gic and mdc have found mixed comments gic have a new one out black ser with new tent any info would be great kind regards grant
  2. FODFA

FODFA New Member

You won't find too many bad things about GIC campers on line, as they threaten legal action against those given bad reviews, and there were plenty of those!

Cheers Andrew
    adamjammo likes this.
  3. 03hilux

03hilux 4x4 Earth Contributer

Tread very lightly on this subject guys.
  4. cokeaddict

cokeaddict Active Member

X 2 what FODFA said.

I was going to buy one for myself but glad i didnt.
    2 reasons for that....
    1st: quality of build was shocking. Not just a 1 off inspection either, went to see the trailers on 4 occasions both at the factory and at shows.
    2nd: I have been stuck in some bad places without a trailer on the back and I just cant imagine wasting a day trying to get myself out with a heavy trailer on the back. Its ok when your travelling with others but most times i go alone and there have been times where i would have spent hours getting myself out of trouble.
    Dont go spending ur hard earned cash just yet. If you think ur going to do the "camper trailer" thing, hire one first, see how you feel about it and when u get back home, look at the pro's and con's then decide. Camper trailers are great until you find urself in a situation where your stuck. Good luck with your decision
    Last edited: Feb 21, 2014
  5. Croozer

Croozer Well-Known Member

Look at the MDC campers they have come a long way over the past 2 years! I wont mention the other 2 companies due to legal action!!! LOL!
  6. muzza01

muzza01 Member

There used to be quite a few threads about G1C on the MySwag forum.
    They and other forums were made to remove all threads.
    You can still find some info if you google reviews.
  7. Colinp

Colinp Member

We were heading down tne camper trailer direction, hired one for a couple of weeks did NT, yes they are good but I have decided that its not for us.
    We are now looking at the slide on campers same as what the Hema guys use.
  8. richardlnsw

richardlnsw Moderator

If you are keeping the camping simple and only going to caravan parks, easy national parks etc then nearly all camper trailers will be good enough for what you are doing. The quality of fittings, tent and trailer build does change from brand to brand but so does the price.
    Always remember, you get what you pay for (in most cases). At least the GIC ones have a few extras that other brands don't (electric brakes, ind. suspension etc.)
    As cokeaddict said, maybe hire one for your first few camping experiences (any brand will do) and see what you think.
    Good luck with your decision, enjoy getting out with the family.:cool:
  9. muzza01

muzza01 Member

So long as you are aware that they are imported from China. Not that there is anything wrong with that but some Camper trailer companies try to make out that they are made in OZ.
  10. muzza01

muzza01 Member

Independent suspension is not that unusual anymore. Most companies will have it as an option. Any trailer over 750kg must have brakes fitted, it's the law. Not many camper trailers will be under 750 GVM.Here is a couple of pics of mine.

1st time I have posted up pics. If these are too big, can someone let me know before I get in trouble from the mods. Apologies in advance.

11. brett love

brett love Member

I bought one at the last camping show in melb and got a good deal ... It's the old trailer but with the new tent.... More than happy with it and the price you pay leaves some dollars left over for your own mods you can do
  12. cookie64

cookie64 4x4 Earth Contributer

Have to agree, I personally wouldn't want to buy anything from a company that seeks to silence opinions instead of learning from the comments and responding in a positive manner.

13. Tornado_ALIVE

Tornado_ALIVE Member

14. cookie64

cookie64 4x4 Earth Contributer

15. muzza01

muzza01 Member

I read all of these comments last year.
    It looks like all of the replies on that review from G1C have been removed. He called himself G1C Believer and he was extremely aggressive and sometimes vile in his replies to anyone that posted negative comments on "Product Review" website.
  16. redandy3575

redandy3575 Well-Known Member

Well all I can say is that the brand in question will be another to be deleted from our dwindling Australian market with a reputation like that.
  17. nao

nao New Member

what sort of budget are you looking at ?
  18. Patriot

Patriot Super Moderator

This is why you can't discuss GIC. Sorry, I wish you could, but this is what happened last time. Please discuss all of the other brands (Except EZY TRail - for the same reason). I want to encourage people to discuss the good and bad points of the camper trailers. It encourages the manufacturers to do better, and people get a feel for the grat campers, the cheap and cheerful (not that there's anything wrong with that, and the ones with poor service).

19. ratsack

ratsack New Member

Wow. Just wow... I hope that company rots to the ground.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.