Thickest Possible Mattress for Darche RTT

brianmiller

Evening all,

Probably been discussed before but did a search and couldn’t really find exactly what I was looking for.

Currently exploring options for upgrading the mattress in my Darche High View 1400...

Looking at just getting a 4cm foam topper and throwing on top of the existing 6.5cm mattress. Seems to be the cheapest option and I don’t want to spend heaps on experimenting what will actually close in the tent without any trouble.

Anyone out there know how thick you can go before it can’t be closed up in the tent?

Cheers!

Brian

Albynsw

You can fit a reasonable amount of bedding in that style of tent and still close it but 4cm becomes 8cm when closed and might stop you leaving your bedding in there ??
A thinner option you could consider is those interlocking foam tile panels from Bunnings etc or others I know use gym/ yoga mats. Both are places under the mattress
With ours we used a lambs wool mattress topper and then a fitted sheet and were happy with it

FranksnBeans

Evening all,

Probably been discussed before but did a search and couldn’t really find exactly what I was looking for.

Currently exploring options for upgrading the mattress in my Darche High View 1400...

Looking at just getting a 4cm foam topper and throwing on top of the existing 6.5cm mattress. Seems to be the cheapest option and I don’t want to spend heaps on experimenting what will actually close in the tent without any trouble.

Anyone out there know how thick you can go before it can’t be closed up in the tent?

Cheers!

Brian

G'day Brian,

I have a Darche 1400 Panorama. I replaced the original mattress with the inflatable 80mm mattress. But I did use the original 65mm mattress for a while and was easily able to still store our bedding, which included our pillows from home and 2 sleeping bags and it packed up pretty easily still. I reckon you'd get a 45mm topper in there but you'll have to pack it up pretty thoughtfully.

We moved away from taking our pillows from home which are feather pillows and only compress so much. We now use inflatable pillows which have turned out to be pretty damn comfortable actually, and compress down to almost nothing.

Triton14

Mattress toppers are great, love mine at home.
Will it work in your RTT.....??????

Sometimes you just have to give it ago.

I put a 100mm HD foam mattress into my original swag because the POS so called 50mm mattress it came with was no different to sleeping on the floor.

Loved it, but it was a PITA to roll up.

Lots of different solutions out there under or over.