The Upside of Coronavirus Covid-19

Bomber2012

Does anyone know anyone that has the virus ?? A friend of a friend ?? Hearing all these stats but no one knows anyone that has it .

CTL

Guy I work with took his new squeeze on a cruise to NZ :) Both came back with CV19 and get out of self quarantine after 3 weeks this weekend. Very mild symptoms. First few days was as a pre-caution then they tested positive so were isolated longer.
Another work colleague’s daughter returned from NSW with it. Still a week to go in isolation.

rogerazz

4x4 Earth Contributer
One upside. I have seen more families, especially kids, walk past my place in the last couple of weeks than in the last couple of years.
Just like the old days. Families walking instead of driving. They even stop and chat and I also met a bloke who has lived around the corner for years :eek:.
People walking to the park, shopping, etc. instead of driving past trying to kill someone just to go there and fight over a parking spot.
Did the old crab apple tree stump up, tree fell over, for people to stop and look at especially the kids.
20200329_110327.jpg

Zamunda

Does anyone know anyone that has the virus ?? A friend of a friend ?? Hearing all these stats but no one knows anyone that has it .
Our neighbour is a nurse at the Royal Adelaide Hospital and her sister (also a nurser) works in the intensive care unit. They both been working with a number of infected cases.

phs

One upside. I have seen more families, especially kids, walk past my place in the last couple of weeks than in the last couple of years.
Just like the old days. Families walking instead of driving. They even stop and chat and I also met a bloke who has lived around the corner for years :eek:.
People walking to the park, shopping, etc. instead of driving past trying to kill someone just to go there and fight over a parking spot.
Did the old crab apple tree stump up, tree fell over, for people to stop and look at especially the kids.
View attachment 67196
Never knew so many people owned dogs prior to to this pandemic .......
Well at least people are getting fresh air and exercise

smitty_r51

Yeah we are seeing and hearing families out spending time together, where we used to be the only ones out on the street gardening or playing games in the yard it seems more people are now doing it.

rogerazz

4x4 Earth Contributer
Sorry to hog the thread, however I am so excited to tell you all, that my garden, sorry my missuses' garden has never looked so good. It's been a bit of hard work but it was worth the big effort I put in.
I mean the upside now is that she has started cooking really good meals for me
By the way, are the tips still open as I have to get rid of a load of weeds?
Thanks.

20200328_102956.jpg

lars cordes

"One upside. I have seen more families, especially kids, walk past my place in the last couple of weeks" have to agree with this one, people seem a bit more chilled & are happy to stop & have a chat, ive been working out the front of my place doing a fence & garden this last week & have got to talk with so many people in my neighbourhood that ive never met before. its a shame it had to come to this before its happened but hopefully if/when we get back to some semblance of normality we can maintain some of the civility that seems to developed lately

Paddler Ed

Yep, parent's village back in the UK (about 85% of which are over 70, including my parents) have 2 cases. Basically those under 60 (so about 6 people...) are doing the running into town for the rest of the village, combined with a lot of home delivery shopping.

MrPoopypants

Retired two weeks ago, so that was a bit of a worry, but enjoying more time with our kids, teens. They're impressing me with how they are handling it and I haven't tried to strangle anyone! That's an upside!
Another thing I'm glad of is camping areas and NPs are being given a rest from crowds after the fires. The rains are helping and I imagine there will be some lush areas to camp in by the time we get back out there.
In the meantime, beer me.
:)
PP

Grippy

Chatting to my neighbour last night, his brother and Mrs has got it, they were on a cruise, he wanted to get off at Auckland due to this mess, she cracked it and wanted to stay on.

Roads are way quieter, I get to work in record time, heaps of people out walking and riding bikes. It's great with less planes flying over, the flight path comes right near our house and drives the dog nuts. I do feel for the people stuck at home in shitty situations, we've called a few 'interesting' families to request they bring their kids to school as we know what kind of home life they have.

Loo paper is still a valuable commodity, the Mrs finally scored a 4 pack (after 4 weeks) and a parent gave me a 9 pack the other day .

RBJET

I can ride my bike to the local dam for exercise but can't fish there, go figure... (In VIC)

Warby

I fit in the "friend of a friend" camp hah... I don't personally know either of them, but a colleague of my Fiance (the colleague is in Sydney) and a good friend of one of my colleagues (the friend is in the UK) have both been confirmed as having it.

Warby

One big positive for me personally through this has been working from home for the past couple of weeks, until further notice. My Fiance is giving birth on Monday so being home with her has been very handy right now and made the whole thing a lot less stressful for her. It also means that I will only need to take a couple of days off, which is a big help financially as a contractor - more days, more pays.

MrPoopypants

One big positive for me personally through this has been working from home for the past couple of weeks, until further notice. My Fiance is giving birth on Monday so being home with her has been very handy right now and made the whole thing a lot less stressful for her. It also means that I will only need to take a couple of days off, which is a big help financially as a contractor - more days, more pays.
Good luck with it all Warby. Just remember mate, it’s all good. Enjoy the bub.
PP

Colly18

I'm not sure how much kindness has increased with the Covid-19 outbreak, but there are some good stories getting some good coverage.

I went for a couple hour cycle ride this morning to get some exercise and although I expected the roads and town to be quiet, it was eerily dead. No chance of me being bowled off my bike by a truck or caravan is a good thing for me!
I did expect to see more people out walking to get some exercise, but there were hardly any. I rode streets without seeing a person or moving vehicle. It seems the locals are being very compliant, interpreting the stay at home message as 'stay locked indoors'.
What a pleasure it was to round one corner and see two kids playing on bikes and drawing with chalk on a deserted street - reminded me of 'the old days' when kids were allowed to play in the street in front of their home! :)

shanegtr

I'm not sure how much kindness has increased with the Covid-19 outbreak, but there are some good stories getting some good coverage.

I went for a couple hour cycle ride this morning to get some exercise and although I expected the roads and town to be quiet, it was eerily dead. No chance of me being bowled off my bike by a truck or caravan is a good thing for me!
I did expect to see more people out walking to get some exercise, but there were hardly any. I rode streets without seeing a person or moving vehicle. It seems the locals are being very compliant, interpreting the stay at home message as 'stay locked indoors'.
What a pleasure it was to round one corner and see two kids playing on bikes and drawing with chalk on a deserted street - reminded me of 'the old days' when kids were allowed to play in the street in front of their home! :)
Im not a cyclist, but in my area in Perth I havent noticed much of a drop in traffic. Sure its not quite as busy, but certainly far from dead.