The old 3 way Finch fridge

profoto

I baulked at the price, $130, I don't think I'll bother, I have a compressor fridge now but may just keep the other one for gas on long trips, it did keep things cool on hot days as long as it was in the shade

Petunia

I've never progressed up to an Engel .... yet ....let alone one them new fangle ones with electronics that break, level na you worry to much look at its guts, you soon work out one way is more critical than the other.

Batts88

Yeah true some have become less reliable with all the extra electronics my digital Waeco stuffed after 5yrs but my 17yr old Evakool with the thermostat dial still starts up and runs well just like my 71 model cruiser.

Petunia

drive, 12volt on ... no thermostat, nothing but on or off, freezes milk in that corner within the first hour, note to self put milk in opposite corner, 240volt, same no thermostat, again on or off, gas >>>> yay a thermostat, note do not go past the drawn on mark or beer freezes. I did graft a computer fan on it's rear to make air flow 0.00notmuchA was a good mod, as was the level bubbles north south and east west, but as said one way is slightly more critical than the other.

Batts88

I bought a chescold in the mid to late 90's had it for may be 6 yrs kept freezing milk eggs etc it was ok for our first camping fridge better than chasing ice but they hate hilly country.