The MU-X TYRE thread ! ...or DMAX ;-)

lurkr

OK Folks, just curious about what people are running, and weeding through the "technical" and other threads to try to find the posts on tyres is getting tyresome (boom-tish!).

Soooo ... for those that have swapped out the OEM's for something new....

ON the standard 16 or 17 inch rims (depending on model) what tyres did you fit and how do you rate them ?

Also, has anyone gone a wider/higher tyre for that little extra rubber and clearance ?... and if you did, does the traction control system have to be considered when doing this ?

(NOTE: QLD Law allows for up to a 25mm vehicle height increase in 4WD's, via tyre changes).
Pics of how the isuzu looks with larger tyres would be nice too !

I've fitted 245/75/16 LT Yokohama Geolander AT's to my factory lsm alloys,
The spare fits with this size (just), good tyre for the beach as gives a longer footprint over wider.
Have yet to bottom out, gained 15mm in diff clearance over factory tyres,
TCS still works,
Next time may consider 235/85/16 as since having a lift my arch's look empty!
wider is not always better, tall and skinny for the win!

Parko96

Swapped my 17" factories for BFG 265/75/R16 All Terrains. Very happy with them. I have stock suspension and have no rubbing even when tackling technical off road obstacles.

Parko96

Rims are steel Sunrasiers in black, cheep but look the part. Yes the spare was swapped to, it sits up against the back of the factory towbar and is clear or the sway bar on the other end (see photo), due to the extra width of the tyre it hangs a couple of cm lower than the stock however nothing to worry about regarding clearance. The speedo is now exact however the odometer is now out 5%, I drive actual 105km but it only registers 100km on the odometer. Not sure how power and fuel consumption is affected as the car was delivered with the BFGs on it. Cheese

Attachments

Jad308

Swapped the H/T tyres on the LS-T prior to pickup for Bridgestone D697 255/65/R17 LTs. Perform great offroad so far and not very noisy on the road either.

TCMTB

Thanks for the pics Parko, good to know the max tyre size that fits underneath. Should of got an extra 20mm height at the diff from stock based on my calcs (30mm if a ls-m).

I'll be looking at some cooper AT3 265/70 r17 which have the same diameter as yours based on the specs online (and should fit the 7'' rim width on the stock rims).

Mud_x

I fitted Bridgestone Dueller 266/65/R17 A/T's, could have gone 70 at a pinch. Spare wheel we'll is the issue. Would have preferred to go Cooper AT3 or ST but I got a really good deal on a trade in on the supplied tyres which only had 50kms on them. Very happy with the tyres both on and off the road.

legolais1

Hey guys ordered an MU-X 4x4 LS-M for $42000, got a good deal. Just looking at pretty much replacing the tyres straight away. With the factory rims can I fit 265/75 R16's?
Looking at getting the new BFG All-Terrain KO2's.

legolais1

Are your rims the same size as the factory LS-M ones, Just want to know if i need to replace rims to fit the tyre size i want.
Cheers.

peterfermtech

7" Isuzu steel rims which came from the dealer so they came from either a D-max or a MU-X which are both the same and therefore the same as yours.

regards

legolais1

Hey guys! Looking at getting All-Terrains for my MU-X, What do you guys have, What do you recommend.
Looking for something a little more aggressive then Geolanders. Anyone have Mickeys ATZ's? How do they ride on this car? Are they loud, and are they terrible on wet roads?
Photos if you have any! Cheers.

Last edited:

Tink

Have had good wear from Bridgestone 697. Good grip on dirt on quiet on the black top.

Tink