Change background image

The Daily Bargain And Deals Thread

Discussion in 'General 4x4 Discussion' started by dno67, Jan 11, 2014.

1. dno67

dno67 Well-Known Member

The Daily Bargain And Deals Thread

A thought a thread where we can share any bargains or deals we come across with others might be good, So if you find a bargain or a deal and think it might be of some value or interest to others on the forum post it here.
    Please keep posts along the lines of 4x4ing or camping.

Here's one for the torch fanciers.

LED Lenser, Maglite, Black Diamond - Adventure LED Blowout!

Last edited: Oct 17, 2014
  2. dno67

dno67 Well-Known Member

3. 80lover96gxl

80lover96gxl Moderator

Certinly a good price but with s couple of days to go would expect it to jump a fair bit, still tho if you could get it for say $600 or there abouts it would still be a cheap engel.
    Pity it's not here in SA.

4. Swaggie

Swaggie Moderator

Thanks mate just bought the P7, hopefully it will be great around the camp site.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2014
  5. dno67

dno67 Well-Known Member

6. dno67

dno67 Well-Known Member

7. dno67

dno67 Well-Known Member

8. Swaggie

Swaggie Moderator

9. Paddler Ed

Paddler Ed Well-Known Member

Google Nexus 7 (2012) 16gb for $119 at Dick Smith, in store only and not shown on-line so you need to ask if they have any left... 32gb is only $199.

Has a GPS receiver so will work with Memory Map (which is why I got it....) but no 3G chip, so you'll need to preload your maps.

Alternatively JB HiFi did have some HiSense Android Tablets for $150ish the other day (Tamworth were out of stock when I saw the tag, and in a way I'm glad I did because I ended up getting a Nexus 7)

10. dno67

dno67 Well-Known Member

Yer I beleave so.
    Nothing a snail won't fix. lol

Shame it's not 3g I could then use the excuse to update. lol
    Thanks for sharing.

11. dno67

dno67 Well-Known Member

Aldi have a vacuum food saver and the bags on sale from Wednesday 29th, $69.00 for the sealer and $14.00 for 5m roll of the bags.

Attached Files:

12. Campin40

Campin40 Member

Well spotted. Ill be ducking down to get one, thanks for the heads up.
    Waz.

13. eman

eman Active Member

I managed to pick up the trolley and chest combo $20 from Repco this morning
    Looks like a pricing error but I was able to buy it at the advertised price. Some stores aren't honoring the price but could be worth a shot

14. Malicious

Malicious Member

Bunnings now stocking 150psi 160l/m compressors that are the same as the others $129

15. Campin40

Campin40 Member

Good old Aldi. They have some camping bargains coming up on sale sat 8th feb. not showing on there web site yet so I can't post a link but if you check there site in the next day or so it should be there.
    1. 4x led light bars(strips) plus 3x 12volt dimmers and switches $149
    2. Jump start with 145 psi air compressor. USB connection+ 2x 12 volt outlets so you can use it as a portable power source. $79

Ill post a link when I can.

16. Swaggie

Swaggie Moderator

BTW I still havn't my torch from Catch Of The Day . it was delivered in two days, I wasn't notified by the post office, but email, so go to pick it up 2 days later as the previous day Frankston was shut due to severe power failure, it's been sent back due to wrong address :eek: I am taking the blame here for that, keyboard mistyped when the numbers are so close. , the issue I am having is they are impossible to communicate with, no phone number, emailed them twice when I signed in and it gets solved straight away without any communication, I know for sure they've had it back to there wharehouse for over two weeks.

There website says if this happen I can either get a refund or redelivered at no extra cost which I gave them another address, will just have to wait I guess...

Not sure why they want my mobile number as no one has bothered ring to sort it out..

Imagine if a product was broken or faulty, there's basically no backup service..

Catch Of The Day Reviewed By Australians - www.catchoftheday.com.au Page 2

17. dno67

dno67 Well-Known Member

Speaks volumes about being able to walk into a bricks n mortar store, hopefully they come through with the goods.

18. Swaggie

Swaggie Moderator

Yeah mate I don't usually buy off the net much, probably 6 items over the years . I often wonder with all the stores shutting down with the internet buying etc, you'll have to drive miles to see a product before buying lol.

To be honest they come through with the goods no problem, if everything goes right it will be fine but if not Goodluck.. Lol

Will I use them again, certainly not.

I paid for it on the 12th of Jan..

Last edited: Feb 3, 2014
  19. Campin40

Campin40 Member

20. Swaggie

Swaggie Moderator

They should rename it the Catch Of The Year by the time this gets sorted out, now there accusing me over looking an email they sent me on the 30th of Jan when I clearly log into my account the reply is in there, of course it is I used the link they put into there email to reply..

I was going to get a refund but that would be another journey into infinity so from basically day one I have told them to resend, at least 3 replies have said that. . But they just don't get it because obviously they cannot read..

Times not an issue really but the incompetence :mad::mad::mad:, You just cannot communicate with them, technically you can but it's one way, there way.. never again with this crowd.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2014