The $270,000 FJ40

discomatt

They are a classic old vehicle and look great but could you part with that sort of money ?
I think anyone who has sat in one for a few hours or driven one could answer that pretty quickly ;)
Keep in mind rich Amercans have also been know to pay around those $$ for Defender crap as well

Bomber2012

I think anyone who has sat in one for a few hours or driven one could answer that pretty quickly ;)
Keep in mind rich Amercans have also been know to pay around those $$ for Defender crap as well
Absolutely mate it’s a collectable only , Americans seem to go crazy for land cruisers.

Triton14

Waste of money imo.

If you are considering that amount of coin there are way better options.

My mate has a Unimog, that is a beast but similar money I think, fit out maybe a bit more?

The other option down from that would be an Iveco.

Still someone will be sucked into it because it says "Toyota"

G_ute

And thats the cheap one. The range topper is $325000
And its not original, its a custom.

There are still ex-ADF unimogs going below $40k. Another $100k and you could have a pretty awesome tourer (overdrive being the first mod)
There are plenty of mega-RV's costing half a million. Probably more useful than a fancy boat.

Batts88

Might have to hang onto my FJ45 a bit longer there might be a price rise as next year will be the 70th anniversary if I'm correct. But wouldn't expect prices like that over here no matter how good it is or due to the extent of the custom mods.

Bomber2012

And thats the cheap one. The range topper is $325000
And its not original, its a custom.

There are still ex-ADF unimogs going below $40k. Another $100k and you could have a pretty awesome tourer (overdrive being the first mod)
There are plenty of mega-RV's costing half a million. Probably more useful than a fancy boat.

You can’t compare a Unimog to a FJ40 , sure the FJ is super expensive but it is a classic vehicle in 4WD terms .
I seriously doubt anyone will be considering a Unimog a classic vehicle in years to come .
If collectors are prepared to fork out over 300k (more like 350 landed in Oz) good on them .

G_ute

I agree completely, I was just pointing out to Ttiton14 that a Unimog does not have to be mega $$$

I think the Fj45 featured is a show pony abomination, and I love FJ45's. My dad had one and it left plenty of happy offroad memories.
A good mate has heaps of them, and most are 'heaps' but at least they are genuine.
And like many I loved following Milo's adventures.