Ditch

Terra Incognita is a program for downloading, calibrating & saving various map images from sources such as Google Maps, Open Street Map, Open Topo Map & many others. Saved map formats that are supported include Oziexplorer(.map), BSB.KAP, Garmin JNX & TomTom.

Google Terrain zoomed to 250 meters.
Google - Terrain - 250 m.jpg

OpenTopoMap - 250 meters.
Opentopomap - 250 m.jpg

SixMaps NSW - 250 meters
SixMaps - Topo - 250 m.jpg

SETUP
Download the software - https://terra-incognita.en.lo4d.com/

Extract the files.

Open the folder where the files have been extracted to. On each .dll file click properties & click Unblock. Windows blocks these files & they need to be unblocked for the program to work.
2.jpg

Create a shortcut to the program or add to start menu so it is easy to find.
1.jpg

HOW TO USE
Open the program.

Click on Map Source. A menu of available maps will drop down. To start with, click on maps.google.com & zoom in to the location you want. From there you can select other maps for the same area.

When you have found a map you want to save click on Selection - Rectangle Selection(or other shape). Draw a box around the area you want. You can also Select All to cover the whole screen.

Click on File - Save Map & select the format you want. Give the file a name, choose the location & hit save.

To save another map click Selection - Clear & repeat step above.

The map is now calibrated & ready to use.

Open in Oziexplorer
3.jpg

Only found this software recently & had trouble getting it to work until I found out that you had to unblock the .dll files. I thought I would post this to make it easier for others to set up the program. So far all the maps I have made are spot on with the calibration.

sharkcaver

Interesting. If it can save a file as a garmin custom map, this would be very handy in getting my geoview tenement maps onto my handheld. At the moment, it's a bit of a process. I could also see some use for ozi maps from google satellite view.

billolga

Interesting. If it can save a file as a garmin custom map, this would be very handy in getting my geoview tenement maps onto my handheld. At the moment, it's a bit of a process. I could also see some use for ozi maps from google satellite view.
Sat view works fine, I have my House on Ozi in case I get lost.:oops:;)

sharkcaver

Was more alluding to making a kml for use on garmin propriety gear, the ozi sat images are a bonus