Tennis Players Granted Covid Exemption

LongRoad2Go

Im sorry, but you really have no idea what you are talking about. I suggest that you travel more, it's a great way to learn about other cultures.

So your go-to is to attack the player, not the ball? Well done. Sniping successful.

What I stated were documented facts.

FYI - I have travelled quite broadly - more than some, less than others. And, also lived my entire life in a VERY multi-ethnic part of Sydney, work in a similar environment, and am part of a VERY multi-ethnic family. So, have quite a comprehensive background dealing with peoples from most backgrounds, levels of society, and their mindsets.

boobook

So your go-to is to attack the player, not the ball? Well done. Sniping successful.

What I stated were documented facts.

FYI - I have travelled quite broadly - more than some, less than others. And, also lived my entire life in a VERY multi-ethnic part of Sydney, work in a similar environment, and am part of a VERY multi-ethnic family. So, have quite a comprehensive background dealing with peoples from most backgrounds, levels of society, and their mindsets.
LongRoad2go, your comments were racist, wrong, and niave. I think you should have a more open mind. You would be surprised, it's not the money grabbing, cut throat culture you paint a picture of. I see a lot more generosity in care and money in China that what I typically see here. You would be amazed how people rally around family and friends, putting them financially and mindfully first. I'm constantly shocked how generous people are with their time, money and support.

You'd be quite surprised if you got to see how the culture there really works. It lifts the whole tide of society. Of course there are crooks, thief's, money grabbers but same everywhere.

Corndoggy

Well Novax Jerkoffabit considers himself a Demigod. If he wins and gets to stay and play he will be elevated to a God. Serbians and supporters all ready think he is a God. If he looses and get sent packing, maybe, just maybe, he will be brought back to earth and just a mortal like everyone.
What great comments are coming from the Serbian Prime Minister. Apparently we are attacking Serbia and Mummy & Daddy Jerkoffabit, one comment was "Stomping on them".

peterfermtech

Listening to the ABC you would think the Federal Government sent a personal hand written invitation from the Prime Minister for Novak to play in the Australian Open against the advice of the Victorian Government and Tennis Australia. Apparently poor Novak is just a victim in some political point scoring before an election.
What a load of BS.
None of this discussion would even be occurring if
Novak was vaccinated
Novak didn't try to bend the rules to suit himself.
Dan stood by his previous comments that it wouldn't be fair for someone to play unvaccinated if everyone attending had to be vaccinated.
If judges applied some common sense into their legal reasoning.
Tennis Australia simply informed Novak that he needed to be vaccinated to play.

Albynsw

Would you or I have a judge made available on standby over the weekend to hear an appeal?
Another thing, as a guest to another country you have been told twice now that you are not welcome and yet still want to push back and stay. No respect shown at all for our country, only interested in chasing a trophy

Corndoggy

Let's turn the heat up on Tennis Australia. The Federal Health Minister writes to Tennis Australia in forming them that entry into the country requires double vaccination. Previous recovery from infection is not a reason to gain entry. Does that sound pretty straight forward. Mmmmm..... Yes.
So Jerkoffabit receives a letter from the Chief Medical Officer of Tennis Australia. Now don't they have a vested interest in getting the no 1 tennis player into their competition. Cant the Chief read or only reads what he wants or was that letter thrown away, "We don't want to see any of this, in the bin with it". Let's just let our show stopper into the country, the risks of anything happening are dwarfed by the dollars involved. Tennis Australia has done just what self centered Jerkoffabit does. What suits them, what they can get the most out of.
Jerkofffabit gets an automated message saying he can come into Australia. Who does the checking of an automated message? That should be looked into.
The whole Tennis Australia Board, Executive Committee and Cheif Medical Officer should resign, even better sacked before they can for their incompetence to follow a simple instruction. NO JABS, NO ENTRY.
We would be in this comedy if they had of.

discomatt

And lets not forget the medical board that approved his entry was set up by the very same government that months ago stated no none vaxxed plays or staff would be allowed to attend, our mate Dan has just as much to answer for as any tennis official.
GO ASH BARTY :D

boobook

Would you or I have a judge made available on standby over the weekend to hear an appeal?
Another thing, as a guest to another country you have been told twice now that you are not welcome and yet still want to push back and stay. No respect shown at all for our country, only interested in chasing a trophy
Yeah, I don't get that.

People wait years for hearings.

peterfermtech

The EU started vaccinations in Dec 2020. He has had over 12 months to get vaccinated. Claiming an infection with covid on the 16th of December as an excuse for not being vaccinated is more feeble than "the dog ate my homework". There is no medical reason for him not being vaccinated. He could go get his first jab right now as I'm sure there would plenty of medical staff happy to oblige him.

The judiciary and Tennis Australia in supporting his actions are condoning the behaviour of a spoiled and petulant child and should be taken to task for it.

discomatt

The EU started vaccinations in Dec 2020. He has had over 12 months to get vaccinated. Claiming an infection with covid on the 16th of December as an excuse for not being vaccinated is more feeble than "the dog ate my homework". There is no medical reason for him not being vaccinated. He could go get his first jab right now as I'm sure there would plenty of medical staff happy to oblige him.

The judiciary and Tennis Australia in supporting his actions are condoning the behaviour of a spoiled and petulant child and should be taken to task for it.
His body his choice , remember human rights?
As much as I want him gone if I was 100% honest, that is spite on my behalf nothing to do with vaccination statues.
Do you or anyone think that this one person really posses a health risk to the whole of Australia or even 1 person at the tennis?
Now that would be a joke....
I saw a interview with Nadal the other day, fully vaxxed and caught covid, stated he got really sick and is struggling with fitness so is concerned it will effect his performance.
No such concerns from the unvaxxed who has had it twice.
Makes you wonder doesn't it.
I have had covid like illness for nearly 2 weeks now, negative RAT , haven't been so crook for over 20 years and still cant kick the cough or flem, my daughter who had a positive test, crook for 2-3 days now totally back to normal, also double vaxxed .
It is certainly a strange illness

Albynsw

Matt it is not about whether he is a health risk or not, it is the negative public sentiment it encourages. The majority of people do the right thing with personal sacrifices to benefit the wider community and to have someone flout the rules has a substantial impact on the people. Just like the Downing Street party in London when everyone else was told to be in lockdown, it is not in the public interest.

Albynsw

As much as I want him gone if I was 100% honest, that is spite on my behalf nothing to do with vaccination statues.
Do you or anyone think that this one person really posses a health risk to the whole of Australia or even 1 person at the tennis?
I saw a interview with Nadal the other day, fully vaxxed and caught covid, stated he got really sick and is struggling with fitness so is concerned it will effect his performance.
I have had covid like illness for nearly 2 weeks now, negative RAT , haven't been so crook for over 20 years and still cant kick the cough or flem, my daughter who had a positive test, crook for 2-3 days now totally back to normal, also double vaxxed .

I thought I had the spicy cough too and went for a PCR test yesterday ( I don’t trust the RAT ones) just got a negative result an hour ago but my wife is positive, her symptoms are worse than mine
I think peoples bodies react differently to Covid regardless of their vaccination status. I do wonder though if a vaccinated person has a rough trot with Covid if they would of reacted far worse unjabbed

Rusty Panels

If what they say is true about Novax Jabovich having had Covid on the 16th of December and handing out trophies and autographs on the 17th I wonder how many people he passed covid on to and how many people those recipients passed it onto etc, etc!

discomatt

Matt it is not about whether he is a health risk or not, it is the negative public sentiment it encourages. The majority of people do the right thing with personal sacrifices to benefit the wider community and to have someone flout the rules has a substantial impact on the people. Just like the Downing Street party in London when everyone else was told to be in lockdown, it is not in the public interest.
But the whole deal is about health risk or have we forgotten that?

peterfermtech

You're right, however every choice has consequences. He should have stayed home.

Albynsw

But the whole deal is about health risk or have we forgotten that?

It is about rules relating to health risk. Like all rules in society they are more relevant to some situations than others but a broad brush approach gives the best overall outcome for the masses
The alternative is to individually assess every situation which would be great but impossible to implement.

There have been far more serious circumstances than hitting a furry ball over a net that warranted individual assessment but didn’t get the same opportunity