Taylors Creek Track, Lake Eildon NP, Vic.

Alien d2

4x4 Earth Contributer
Chasing some of the wisdom of fellow Earthlings:D
Looking at a home ward bound option from Skipworth and thought of the following route..
Polletti/Mt Terrible to the lookout (rated Easy/Medium in the Skipworth notes:))
->Newman Tk
->Jamison-Eildon Rd
->Taylors Ck Tk
->Jerusalam Ck Rd.
->Jerusalam Creek/Eildon/Thornton/Alexandra/and beyond to home:cool:

So has any one done these tracks and what rating would you make them?
Also a rough time from Skipworth to Eildon would be handy to judge a leaving time.
Guessing 3 hours but I await your joint wisdom;)
TIA.

Last edited:

allanmac

4x4 Earth Contributer
Kyle, did a couple of those tracks earlier this year in the snow & were only a couple of sections only that I would not be too comfortable towing a camper trailer, not that I am sure if you have one.

3 hrs is in the 'ballpark' & if you get the chance, stop in Buxton for the best hamburger you will ever eat...:D

What day are you heading back?

Alien d2

4x4 Earth Contributer
Kyle, did a couple of those tracks earlier this year in the snow & were only a couple of sections only that I would not be too comfortable towing a camper trailer, not that I am sure if you have one.

3 hrs is in the 'ballpark' & if you get the chance, stop in Buxton for the best hamburger you will ever eat...:D

What day are you heading back?

No camper in tow(I wish), just a full roof rack ect..

Have to be back for work Monday (with a possible get up of 4AM) so thinking Sunday after lunch, maybe 1PM.

Happy if others want to join me to Eildon and beyond on Sunday(21/11/10).

John U

Big time grave dig, Just wondering if anyone has driven Taylors Creek Track, Jerusalem Creek Road, from/to the Eildon Jamieson Road recently. Young fella wants to head to the south side of Eildon. Looking at going solo tomorrow to Friday.

Considering Dingo Track off Taylors Creek track also. Not too sure about this though.

Any info you could provide would be greatly appreciated.

John U

Big time grave dig, Just wondering if anyone has driven Taylors Creek Track, Jerusalem Creek Road, from/to the Eildon Jamieson Road recently. Young fella wants to head to the south side of Eildon. Looking at going solo tomorrow to Friday.

Considering Dingo Track off Taylors Creek track also. Not too sure about this though.

Any info you could provide would be greatly appreciated.
Taylors creek track was in good nick. A good easy drive.

Drove up to the heli pad near the start of Dingo Track and could see what looked like Dingo track off in the distance. It looked like steep going, straight up the side of the hill. Let it go. Too much for me.