Taken by a Crocodile !

Joe Fury

G'day Adventurers
Well here we go again, a 'local bloke' up in the territory had been taken by a Croc on Cahill's crossing not surprising really, it's the northern wet season the crossing is renown for large crocodiles and in numbers, yet a local who should have known better decided to walk the causeway in the company of two local women, when he went missing!

There was a search carried out, body and body parts found down stream, crocodile shot but as yet the authorities don't know for certain if the shot crocodile is the guilty beast.

Stupidity, complacency or just plain unlucky who knows, this sort of risk taking has also played out in the last few days in the Kimberley and Pilbara, with vehicles being washed off causeways that are in full flood, the vehicle owner/drivers defied the road closed barriers and plowed on, only to become stranded on the vehicle roof ~ when will people ever take things seriously in the north in the wet season?

My very good mate Hugh Brown has recently returned from the Kimberley, he's an intelligent bush wise bloke who doesn't mind pitting his skills of survival against nature, he's a professional photographer and author, he actually lives the life of his photo subject, by this I mean he lives or embeds him self in the subject community, not for a day or two, but sometimes for months, just to do justice to the photo subject bet they human or be it the landscape/country and his photographic passion and work take him all over outback Australia and indeed the world, not just in the 'green season' either.

He wisely aborted a 'Kimberley' trek just a few week back, with weather fronts coming in one after the other and all carrying massive amounts of rain, Hugh opted to be choppered out as his intended trek direction was cut off by several swollen river systems, he was walking solo at this time, something he had done successfully several times previously in the wet season, as I mentioned earlier he is an 'intelligent bush wise' bloke, who can and does live off the land for the best part of his wild country treks, much of his survival skill was learnt from Indigenous folk the very same people who today seem to have lost or ignore the basics of survival ~ forgot to mention Hugh undertook a life/death survival course with Bob Cooper some years back, where several of the participants caved in and threw the towel in on the course.

I could 'rabbit' on about Hugh Brown, but I won't but you can have a sticky beak into his real life 'adventures' either by one of his books on the Kimberley or the Pilbara or look him up on the internet ~ Hugh Brown Photographing a shrinking world <hughbrown.com>

Safe travels : Joe Fury.

hiluxdriver

Why don't they just shoot all the crocodiles because of one humans idiotic behaviour who should of known better..

I certainly hope that's a tongue in cheek comment. Destroy the animal that has been around since the dinosaurs to make crossing rivers easier does not sound well thought out.
That crossing is well known to have crocs in it. A local will most certainly know it has crocs in it. The only reason I can think of for them crossing is it must have been pension pay day at the bottle shop was on the other side.

Batts88

I certainly hope that's a tongue in cheek comment. Destroy the animal that has been around since the dinosaurs to make crossing rivers easier does not sound well thought out.
That crossing is well known to have crocs in it. A local will most certainly know it has crocs in it. The only reason I can think of for them crossing is it must have been pension pay day at the bottle shop was on the other side.
It's pretty obvious that it's tongue and cheek comment it explains itself.

muc the truck

You cant teach stupid . Stupid thinks he /she is smarter faster. I seen one video of a lady watching a crock about to take her dog on the crossing . She slapped her thongs , scared the crock and became the hero of complacency.

Batts88

Eventually they may run out of locals and the attack rate will drop because the tourist seem to be more croc wise.

In the news link above the lower vid shows a native lady throwing a stick at a croc that wasn't attacking her if I done that on camera I'd be up for animal cruelty

Buxter

I cant contain myself !
As one that has been the "butt of Irish Jokes" all my life, I find it good to see that someone else is getting a "hiding" for his stupidity.
hehehehehehehehehehe

love it !