Tag Along Tour Of The Vic High Country

Disco Dan

Hey everybody, Great Divide Tours are looking for more people to go on their 7 Day Vic high Country tour. Great 4wdriving with spectacular views. All the best spots including Dargo, Crooked River, King River, Mount Blue Rag. Craigs Hut and many more. There will be 40 River Crossing and heaps of steep hills. Check out this itinerary.

View attachment VICALPS10.doc

Hope to see you there!

Big Rig

4x4 Earth Contributer
Wow expensive. I did this by myself over Xmas. Anyone wanting to do this kind of trip should watch the forums and posts. there are always experienced members going out and i'm sure they will let you tag along for free.

K Rudd

Would be a great trip though, $160 per day, with four people in the car that's $40 per day each.
Reading about these type of trips makes me want to head out right now !!

Big Rig

4x4 Earth Contributer
The problem i've seen with these tag along tours and don't get me wrong i'm not knocking them they area great way for a newby to get about. But, because of the limitations of all the newbys and their experience the tour leader has to be most cautious and drive to the weakest link. He has a lot of responsibility but unfortunately a lot of the treck can potentially be cancelled because of a little mud or a slight obstacle that is a little iffy to negotiate. If you go out with an experienced Earth member chances are they will all be experienced and all the time in the world can be devoted to assisting the newby and gaining confidence still getting across the obstacles that tour leaders may be forced to cancel. Thats how I do things here anyway..

billolga

I have never been in a Club - Not my scene - But I DID do 7 trips with this Mob & loved it! - The Guides were great.

I learn't heaps, including how to weld with Batteries. Busted the suspension the suspension on my pathfinder three times - Kimberlys, Got me back 800 kms to Broome to get it fixed - Gulf , I got home 2,000 kms - Cape York, Got home 2,000 kms. THEN I BOUGHT A PATROL :D .

Was it expensive? - YES, was it worth it to me? - YES.

I have to be honest - 4x4Earth is one of the best things I have come across - LOVE IT! - Would I take ANYONE on one of my trips? - NO (I had a bad experience in 2003).

Have I taken someone from 4x4earth? - YES

BEK

4x4 Earth Contributer
for that amount of money i would say its better spent joining a 4wd club (for about ten years)

you can then do the training courses and do as many of their trips out you can.

that way you are experienced for the next big trip without forking out that much coin again but remember always do it with other vehicles for safety sake

Grumpy

Oh Bill and I was looking forward to a guided tour by you, Damn! sounds expensive to me we did some of it two weeks ago.

Big Rig

4x4 Earth Contributer
Oh Bill and I was looking forward to a guided tour by you, Damn! sounds expensive to me we did some of it two weeks ago.

Did you want ME to give you a guided tour Grumpy??? I can do the tour but you could do the guiding ol fella :D

frosty

4x4 Earth Contributer
for that amount of money i would say its better spent joining a 4wd club (for about ten years)

you can then do the training courses and do as many of their trips out you can.

that way you are experienced for the next big trip without forking out that much coin again but remember always do it with other vehicles for safety sake

I agree!! Not so much a club, although they are good, (I hate being organized) but in this day and age, Forums such as this are great for planning and executing a trip. Put up a thread of dates and such, get a crew together, meet up, organize and GO!

Just don't take any Prados with you!!!:rolleyes:

Nickj

5th Annual Victorian Gathering member
Disco Dan
That's an awesome trip you offer but as most have said above, at $1120 that's a whole lot of dough. Though I am sure that you will well and truly look after anybody who decides to take the trek with you. Unfortunately for you, people can read through any of the trip reports here and follow where we went. Even ask for GPS coordinates and trip notes of our trips. My Easter trip from last year took almost the same route in reverse. Billy Goats, Crooked River, Collingwood Spur, Bulltown Spur, Blue Rag, Bright, Myrtleford, Lake Buffalo, Lake Cobbler, Staircase, Craigs Hut, Mt Sterling.
Hope you get some people as it is a great part of the world up there.

Nick

billolga

I did say I take 4x4Earth people, particularly those with a CHAPEL. ;)

The people on Tag-A-Longs tend to be in there 40's to 60's, LIKE US - HELL, I should modify that to nearly 70's. :eek:

4X4

Certainly driving several iconic High Country tracks, although as said before expensive. Disco Dan if you haven't already committed you might like to hold off as there might be a 4x4 Earth trip to that area, in the near future!