Sydney day trips

fazz

Hey guys,

Just wondering if anyone knew of any decent day trips around sydney? Im based out of Dural.. So the tracks I noticed on the database are:

- Bloodwood
- Vineyards

But just wanted to know of any other good day trips around..?

Thanks for any help gang!
:)

Wang

Sydney is mostly locked up. Menia is an option but strictly speaking not suppose to be there not that it stops anyone. Being dural based the central coast ourimbah and the wattagans is your best options

hiluxdriver

A day trip can be anywhere from out Lithgow, up to Newcastle or down to Nowra and anywhere in between. Every few weeks some NSW guys will organise a trip, or feel free to organise one yourself. Or goon your own and tell us all how awesome it was lol

mikehzz

Gees Arm South up at Wheeny Creek if you like some tough stuff. It's a lot more eroded now since I was last there.

Gavo

4x4 Earth Contributer
Far more enjoyable to chuck a stove, 27 beers and a swag in and make it an overnighter.

cloughcarib

What is Gee Arms like mate ,hear its serious rough stuff ,potential panel damage and roll over for higher vehicles?

To answer your questions:

Loads of fun, very technical

Yes it is seriously rough.

Yes for large potential for panel damage.

Yes for rollovers.

It's my favourite short track.

Russman76

Yes for rollovers.

was up there last week clough. the last steps are really washed out, backed out of those ones. all in all it's a bloody good little track. three of us got out with no damage..a bit of rock packing helps, if your unlocked.

Last edited:

cloughcarib

was up there last week clough. the last steps are really washed out, backed out of those ones. all in all it's a bloody good little track. three of us got out with no damage..a bit of rock packing helps, if your unlocked.

Yeah Russ, it's good fun alright. That last step is a bugger and I've yet to get past it, only had my front wheels over the top' of it before I bottomed out.

I love the fact that it really causes you to think about your line.

Surely you've seen the video?? That was when my fridge flew out the back of the car:eek:

Aussiehunter69

Yes for rollovers.

Thanks mate....i have a 79 series cruiser GXL single cab with stock suspension ( no lift) and stock AT tyres...i do have the factory diff locks,winch,bar work etc etc...what are my chances ? Do you drive a black Prado with a my family sticker on the back window ? as i think i may have passed you coming out the Bilpin end of Burralow creek a few Sundays ago .Me in silver 70 series Cruiser single cab .

Cheers

cloughcarib

Thanks mate....i have a 79 series cruiser GXL single cab with stock suspension ( no lift) and stock AT tyres...i do have the factory diff locks,winch,bar work etc etc...what are my chances ? Do you drive a black Prado with a my family sticker on the back window ? as i think i may have passed you coming out the Bilpin end of Burralow creek a few Sundays ago .Me in silver 70 series Cruiser single cab .

Cheers

Yep, that was me. Fathers Day cruise around. I remember you as you were the only vehicle we passed on the way in.

I've seen an older Pathy in very capable hands get a fair way down the trail with few mods, so you should be sweet depending on your experience. It's a very good idea to go with another car though, as much for having a spotter as security.

Don't worry about A/T's, they'll be fine on the sandstone.

There are heaps of rocks to pack the sections you aren't sure of.

Just remember it's a dead end track, you need to come back through everything, so if there's a section you're not sure of then don't do it.

You will occasionally see comp trucks testing themselves down there. I'd love to go this weekend, but it's our anniversary and apparently I have to go camping;).

Aussiehunter69

Yep, that was me. Fathers Day cruise around. I remember you as you were the only vehicle we passed on the way in.

I've seen an older Pathy in very capable hands get a fair way down the trail with few mods, so you should be sweet depending on your experience. It's a very good idea to go with another car though, as much for having a spotter as security.

Don't worry about A/T's, they'll be fine on the sandstone.

There are heaps of rocks to pack the sections you aren't sure of.

Just remember it's a dead end track, you need to come back through everything, so if there's a section you're not sure of then don't do it.

You will occasionally see comp trucks testing themselves down there. I'd love to go this weekend, but it's our anniversary and apparently I have to go camping;).

Thanks mate , might have a look ,but no on my own as i have limited 4x4 experience with kind of track.

Cheers
Darren

Gavo

4x4 Earth Contributer
The 4wd treks close to Sydney book could be worth a look in..
Nothing tough but super detailed and takes you to some nice places.

Wang

I'd like to go this weekend to but it our anniversary too, :rolleyes:but we will be coming back down the bells line on Sunday:) on the way home from Bathurst might tell her there is a romantic look out down there and have a look in the patrol

Aussiehunter69

The 4wd treks close to Sydney book could be worth a look in..
Nothing tough but super detailed and takes you to some nice places.

Got that book mate ,have done 4 off the treks in it so far,all pretty easy so far,favourite being "The Six Foot Track" ,heading back up there again this weekend and will head down / take a detour down Waterfall fall creek fire trail and check out Gibraltar Rocks as havnt been to that section before.

Cheers.

Wang

Got that book mate ,have done 4 off the treks in it so far,all pretty easy so far,favourite being "The Six Foot Track" ,heading back up there again this weekend and will head down / take a detour down Waterfall fall creek fire trail and check out Gibraltar Rocks as havnt been to that section before.

Cheers.

Good stuff try to get some pics and write up a trip report