• New Server!

Update: 9:50AM Thursday - the server move has been completed and we're up and running on our new faster infrastructure. Have a look around and let us know if you encounter any issues.

The 4x4 Earth Team

Suspension for a 2008 colorado.

Mattm

Hi, there I have a 08 single cab with a steel arb bar and alloy tray. My stock shocks have let go. What sort of brand and what do other people have in their utes. Has anyone had experience with billstien or koni shocks.
Matt

tuffcolorado

G'day. I raised mine bi mi self. I purchased some longer shockers. Then I removed both rear leaf shackles cut them in half weld steel pieces too extended how ever big u want your lift. Have seen the shackles that come with new suspension kits look alot less beefy then the one I made.
Then simply wound front torchon bars up to siute the height of the rear.
Ended up with close to 3 inch lift (no problems with it had for close to 2 years now). All up cost around 680$ for the lift, 4 tough dog shocks and some steel. Cheers hope I could help

Stupid Flanders

Hi, there I have a 08 single cab with a steel arb bar and alloy tray. My stock shocks have let go. What sort of brand and what do other people have in their utes. Has anyone had experience with billstien or koni shocks.
Matt
Not on a colorado however have used both on 4wd's and rally cars.

They are two of the best brands and you would not go wrong with either. Too many shocks IMO are too over gassed and this leads to a harsh ride. If you cant compress them by hand then its an indication that they will add harshness. Lots of them at the cheaper end do this and buyers think its great as they are "stronger".

If you google bilstein technology there is a heap of info on their valving system.

Have fun!