Sunrasia Rims

Davidman

5th Annual Victorian Gathering member
Hi All,

Looking to pick up a set of sunrasia rims to put a set of play tyres on. 6 stud to suit Pajero. Wanting to get 33's.

Thanks

Davidman

Can you make some enquiries about the black ones and let me know. It would be appreciated.
Thanks

Davidman

I think black would look better, but my mind isn't made up on colour yet. I might photoshop your pics to see what they look like in white. My Paj is a similar colour.

How close did the 33s go to not fitting. My front torsion bars are wound up to make it level again and it has a 40mm lift on it.

Would you have fitted your 33's without the lift and just the torsion bars done, or was it that close. ( I dont have issues with removing mud flaps ). Also , how do you go with clearance on the front when turning.

Sorry for all the questions, but hey, better to ask another Pajero owner rather than the guy in the shop. All he want't to do is make money.

Thanks Chelsea

i had to take front mud flaps off and i will have to cut down the silver flaring as on some angles it rubs just a little thats with a 40 ml lift and the car sitting level with torsion bars i could prob adjust them a tad more and get away without cutting the flarings

Davidman

Thanks
Might go for something about an inch smaller. Anything will be better than the 265/70/15s on it currently. I think they work out to about a 28 or 29 inch tyre. ( They do seem to do a pretty good job though.......but can always be better ). I will let you know about black or white. Just doing some photoshop mods to your wheels at the moment ( pretty quick and rough ones though....I will post one when done, either later tonight or tomorrow AM.

Davidman

Not sure what tyres yet, will have a look around and let you know soon. Thanks

Davidman

Pretty rough job, but gives you an idea

598730_Paj1.jpg

Davidman

Will have a think about black or white ( and tyres ) and give you a PM tomorrow at some stage.

Thanks again Chelsea

gregu78

Just FYI, Stew70 has wound up torsion bars and ironman lift, and with that 31's don't rub at all. Might be useless info for you, but thought you might be interested.
When he went from 28in (I think that's what they worked out to) up to 31in mud, it made such a massive difference, it was like a totally different car!
P.S. I'd go black personally, but up to individual preference.

Last edited:

Davidman

A mate's got 31s on his standard Paj with just a torsion bar lift and they fit with plenty of room. Thats why I was thinking 32s or 33s as play tyres.

Thanks for the advice

gregu78

From all my recent research it's hard to find 32in tires, not many around. And from memory if you go 33's unless you get BFG they will be 12.5 wide. Correct me if I'm wrong!

Do what most of us did and get the 33x12.5 Bighorns! I love mine! Got them from Tyre works superstore in dandenong, couldn't find them cheaper anywhere. Although I didn't know Chel 6 months ago lol :D

A mate's got 31s on his standard Paj with just a torsion bar lift and they fit with plenty of room. Thats why I was thinking 32s or 33s as play tyres.

Thanks for the advice

32 inch with a lift will work fine as i said mine have only rubbed going out of drive ways they have never rubbed in the bush haha

Stew70

Hi Everyone. Hehe.. I see Greg dobbed me in. Thats alright. Well Davidman, I wanted to do the same thing and get play tyres. But with a wife and kids I had a budget. I came across 4 15x7 ROH rims (which are no different to sunnys) with 31in Kuhmo mud tyres for $250 on ebay. So I got em. Tyres only had about 40% tread left but it gave an indication of extra clearance. I decided to stick with 31's to stop rubbing and keep costs down. So eventually shopped around, needed another rim as a spare and of course the 4 new tyres. So after a while I got Cooper STT muddies and one extra rim, kept two of the best kuhmo's as spares all for $1150 fitted. And as gregu78 has said, it was like a new car. More clearance, so much more grip and traction. Very happy now. At presant I have the Ironman 40ml lift and with the 31s my Paj is a lot better. Hope this helps. Stew.

Stew70

You were also saying about colour. Well I ended up painting mine silver to match the silver on flares etc. The rims were originally white. Here's a before and after.

Attachments

• 30-09-06_1704 (600 x 480).jpg
    30-09-06_1704 (600 x 480).jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 77
  • DSC01805 (600 x 450).jpg
    DSC01805 (600 x 450).jpg
    114.7 KB · Views: 68