Subaru Forester X 2006 Lift Kit

Frug

Hey there guys.

So been doing some investigating and have almost decided on the 2" lift kit from Cross Bred Performance: Products

I'll also need to get new King Springs and KYB struts. Can anyone suggest a place in Melbourne to get these?

Also, getting new springs and struts, will that increase the travel of the suspension? It's all good to lift the car, but could I also get a little more travel? Or will increasing the travel mean i need to replace loads more parts? I'm new at all this techy car stuff, so please be patient with me.

Cheers
Frug

MrEX

You might have to extend brake lines and other hoses with a 2inch body lift
Also is it cv shafts from and rear? Or solid axle on the back?

Frug

hey.

i'm pretty sure it's CV. I've read alot about the wear it can have on the CVs. My car has only done 83K, and i've had no issues with CVs. I know i'll have to keep an eye on them.

MrEX

No issues yet!

Things to consider with cv's is the angle they will be on after a lift ( depnding how high will determine angle) will be bad for them. Also ball joints on the upper A arms can wear out prematurely due to angle and load placed on them from the lift. Sway bar linkages will most likely need extending.

I'm no expert but there the common things I know about

MrEX

No issues yet!

Things to consider with cv's is the angle they will be on after a lift ( depnding how high will determine angle) will be bad for them. Also ball joints on the upper A arms can wear out prematurely due to angle and load placed on them from the lift. Sway bar linkages will most likely need extending.

I'm no expert but there the common things I know about