Subaru Forester 2006

Frug

Hi there everyone.

I'm totally new to 4wd, but would like to give it a go.

I've got a 2006 Forester, stock standard.

I've recently put Goodritch All Terrain KO 215/70R60 tyres on it, which came recommended to me.

They fit perfectly. I was wondering if I get a bit more serious, does anyone know of any lift/heighten kits available for Foresters?

Also, what other accessories might be good to add to the car?

Cheers
Doug

P.S. can't wait to get out there and get dirty!!

cr4zyb0y

My partner has a forester. Looking at the specs I was actually surprised at the clearance they get stock! Subaruofftroad.com is another good place.

Frug

Thanks for all the suggestions guys. I just rang Subamods in Clayton and discussed a few things. Turns out that they don't do a lift kit any more, however, they can fit heavy duty springs, which would lift the body another inch or so. If that lifts the body, what about the hight of the gear box and wheel axles under the car? The springs would only just lift the body yeah?

cr4zyb0y

Yeah so you should improve entry and departure angles. You're still limited by the height of the diffs...only thing thatll help that is bigger tyres

fraz91

Yeah so you should improve entry and departure angles. You're still limited by the height of the diffs...only thing thatll help that is bigger tyres

You're only limited by diffs on a Live Axle Vehicle. From memory the Forrester has Independent Suspension all round, which means that any form of suspension lift will give an increase in ground clearance. ;)

Heavy Duty springs will give it more lift, but will also ride a lot harsher than a proper spring. King Springs and Dobinsons both have Raised springs available, both at around 30mm over standard. Match these with a set of KYB Excel G Gas shocks and you'll be set. :D

billolga

When your new to 4WDing, don't be in a rush to add to your Wagon until you have done a few trips & find out what you REALLY need.