Storage Drawers - with power system

That is a well thought out and executed set of draws, was in at ARB this morning and got a price on a set of Blackwidows for the hilux and nearly had a heart attack- now if only I could build stuff!

Looks fantastic.
I'm building a set of my own for my 4Runner, and was wondering, how did you support the front edge of the boards you slot in to make the bed?
If you have any, it would be great to see a photo so I can steal your craftsmanship :)

hi Craig, excellent workmanship, as said already that would be the best DIY set of drawers etc ive seen ever and let me tell you ive seen some lately because ive been researching for idea's for my Troopy.

cheers
Darren

I've missed this tread/build thanks for bumping.

A credit to cnut. The attention to design and detail is brilliant.

About to undertake a similar project for the back of my King Cab Navara so will be keeping a few of those ideas for my build.

Found this little ingenious build on an American D40 with King Cab tub. Very Impressed how he made his own H/Duty draw slides. Which I'm going to copy.

Good read and pics here- LATEST PROJECT - Truck Drawers/Sleeping Platform - Expedition Portal

All I can say is wow. Definitely going to use the table idea and I bet you don't even realize it but saying something like rebating the drawer runners will help me out heaps. Some top ideas in your setup and post.

tadpole

Well done cnut. I'm impressed. You've given me inspiration again to start looking at designing some drawers for my GQ. Had put it on the backburner for a while but now I just want to get it done. Will definitely look into Sketchup before I get started as your planning and preparation resulted in a fine set of drawers

hiluxdriver

Well done cnut. I'm impressed. You've given me inspiration again to start looking at designing some drawers for my GQ. Had put it on the backburner for a while but now I just want to get it done. Will definitely look into Sketchup before I get started as your planning and preparation resulted in a fine set of drawers
Hi Tadpole,
I have just about finished a set of draws for my GQ that this thread gave me the inspiration to start. Just a bit of advice, you need to be REALLY good at either the design of the draws, or REALLY good at the construction. I'm half good at both and it's not enough. My design is ok, but I'm just not up to scratch with the build. My biggest tip if you do start, is learn how to cut straight lines, or give it to someone that can. If you need a panel thats 223mmX762mm you need those lines straight or it could throw the whole thing out. Keep an eye on the DIY section in a few weeks as it should be finished by then and I'll do a full write up.

tadpole

Hi Tadpole,
I have just about finished a set of draws for my GQ that this thread gave me the inspiration to start. Just a bit of advice, you need to be REALLY good at either the design of the draws, or REALLY good at the construction. I'm half good at both and it's not enough. My design is ok, but I'm just not up to scratch with the build. My biggest tip if you do start, is learn how to cut straight lines, or give it to someone that can. If you need a panel thats 223mmX762mm you need those lines straight or it could throw the whole thing out. Keep an eye on the DIY section in a few weeks as it should be finished by then and I'll do a full write up.
Yeah no worries mate, I'll keep that in mind. I'm pretty handy with my woodworking but have never had to make anything to exact specifications and without spending a fortune, don't really have the tools to do so either. Will come up with a design and get someone else to cut it for me. Easier and cheaper in the long run. Then I can piece it all together from there. Going to keep looking at designs for more ideas. I've got a dead dual battery in my engine bay I want to get rid of and put a new one in the back like cnut has done. But not in any rush just yet, the missus keeps putting a handbrake on my dreams!

this is not SPAM :)

The above post, post 57 looks very much like spam. I have reported it. Please do not send the poster an email.
Dear 03Hilux,
I am not a poster :)

My name is Amir Schwartz and I am from Jerusalem, Israel.
I saw this professional forum and decided to join.

My message is real and not SPAM, I really appriciate the perfect design and hope Craig will share with me his plans so I can build this set of drawers for my ride.

Nice to meet you guys.

Yours,
Amir.

Last edited:

03hilux

4x4 Earth Contributer
Dear 03Hilux,
I am not a poster :)

My name is Amir Schwartz and I am from Jerusalem, Israel.
I saw this professional forum and decided to join.

My message is real and not SPAM, I really appriciate the perfect design and hope Craig will share with me his plans so I can build this set of drawers for my ride.

Nice to meet you guys.

Yours,
Amir.
Fair enough. It just rings alarm bells to me when you ask people to email you in your first post on the forum.

Welcome to the site amir2cv. Normally people will introduce themselves in the "Introduction" thread first but that's fine. Enjoy what's on offer.