Steering stuff up

typhoeus

There is a big variation in prices depwnding on where its made, where its sold from etc.
Example: toyota genuine ball joints $.150 for 2.. . . Chinese made ones $145 for all 4. Other japanese brand is priced in the middle.

typhoeus

Yeees. . But i dont like to pay full price. I bought the jap made non toyota ball joints. I figure jap made is better and almost as good genuine and substantially cheaper. I have learned these lessons from buying the cheapest other stuff and then having to replace not long after.

Hoyks

But Toyotas are Japanese
And Toyota contract to buy it from a Japanese manufacturer who supply it to Toyota in a Toyota box and the Toyota put it in their warehouse where it may sit for a week or 10 years and charge 2-3 times what the same part goes for in a plain box.

eBay, Bursons or a repairer (that may be charging more than its worth), and get prices for new, reconditioned and used, sometimes its not worth the messing around and you can pick up a new one for around the same $$.
I'm also pretty sure the power steering pump will be interchangeable between the petrol and diesel