Steering hits spring Ubolts

BigJack1488

Hi If I try to turn left the steering bracket hits the leaf spring ubolts so I can only go strait or right. Could something be bent or is the wheel twisting out?

BigJack1488

Sorry it's a LN105 4x4 2.8L D 94

Where this thing joins a ball joint it hits U bolt holding leaf spring. Maybe it's worn but I still can understand why it wasn't touching before.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210516-194454_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20210516-194454_Gallery.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 72

BigJack1488

I can't understand why it is so firmly against U bolt now but not this morning? The steering arm can't bend. It's cast.

cam04

You’ll want a drop drag link or a hi steer kit.

Was pretty common in the bad old days.

cam04

Sorry, if you haven’t put newer thicker springs in recently, you’re right, it won’t help. Has this just started of its own volition?

Andrew_LN65

Mine did that when a trunion bearing exploded doing a track in the VHC. Made for an interesting drive back to camp.

Grab the wheel at the top and bottom, see if there's any play in/out adding a heap of extra camber

BigJack1488

Thanks Andrew only when I jacked up the wheel and rocked it did I find the problem. It rocks in and out. So must need a kingpin bearing kit. I drove it home slowly. Any advice on best place to get kits? EBay?

Andrew_LN65

My only advice would be to use a good quality Japanese bearing such as Koyo etc.

Doing it at home sounds easier than being halfway up the Buckland.
Hope you like getting greasy hands!

1621373367447.png

1621373432642.png