Status of rokons in Australia

linuxfan66

Are rokons road legal or ever been officially sold here? I know they were treated as tractors under us law, but I doubt that here

after seeing one I’m kinda curious

Last edited:

Swaggie

Can’t see why you couldn’t providing you have indicators, brake lights etc …

This pulled up at a Motorbike shop the other day. A Guy in his 50’s, Has a 190cc in it.
Fully registered…
DE261D2E-9CC5-4E9B-A677-E85A785363BA.jpeg

dabbler

Biker BIL (Bob) says "No, not road legal even the models with lights etc". He's seen one in his travels and thinks it was a backdoor rego first imported as a farm bike.

Bob still rides a bit but lives vicariously though youtube, a number of different bike mags and a few bike forums so almost certainly correct. But hey, try your luck !

linuxfan66

Biker BIL (Bob) says "No, not road legal even the models with lights etc". He's seen one in his travels and thinks it was a backdoor rego first imported as a farm bike.

Bob still rides a bit but lives vicariously though youtube, a number of different bike mags and a few bike forums so almost certainly correct. But hey, try your luck !
yes, i depends if it was imported with a road legal plate or not

Hoyks

They are a crazy, go anywhere machine and you have the option of using the rims as long range fuel tanks that still allowed you to float them across rivers.

But woefully slow. 7hp and a theoretical top speed of 56 km/h, they aren't exactly a touring bike.

linuxfan66

They are a crazy, go anywhere machine and you have the option of using the rims as long range fuel tanks that still allowed you to float them across rivers.

But woefully slow. 7hp and a theoretical top speed of 56 km/h, they aren't exactly a touring bike.
that seems more like a challenge. time to tour australia at 56km/h an hour just to prove it. people have done it in tractors before

Hoyks

A mate of mine rode from Woolongong to Bamaga on a CT110, he admitted he probably needed his head read when he got back home.

Going Postal was a good story too, English guy who's visa was expiring, so bought a postie bike and rode it home. A CT110 makes 7.5 ponies from its 110cc, the Rokon is a 200cc.

cam04

One of these would be more like a register able touring proposition. Note $US not AU. I’m way too old and fat to dream of doing miles on little chook chasers. I did the cape and a few other places on my Suzuki Dakar a looong time ago. Places like cockatoo creek 2wd would have helped. I once got it stuck between 2 sand dunes behind Teewah and I had to ride it much faster than my regular ability to get it out. 2wd would have been great there no doubt.