Spinifex and Iron earth.

Joe Fury

G'day Adventurers
I thought those of you who live somewhere that's wet cold and windy right now might appreciate a little slice of "warm~ish" Pilbara, just to plant a seed of adventure in your heart (no pain intended)
BYO ~ 4WD and a 'Spirit of Adventure'
Safe Travels: Joe Fury
IMGP7641.JPG

Mount Newman
IMGP7616.JPG

Spinifex and Iron earth
IMGP7634.JPG

Heading Due ~ West
IMGP7646.JPG

Smoko
IMGP7647.JPG

A Pilbara waterhole
IMGP7658.JPG

A little challenge
IMGP7661.JPG

At the end of the challenge.
IMGP7679.JPG
IMGP7700.JPG

Tracks end
IMGP7713.JPG

Wet track ahead!
IMGP7717.JPG

Mr Rum

4x4 Earth Legend
I so want to be back over there.

It’s such a shame it’s a half week drive each way for us to even start exploring.
Jen and I didn’t have much time when we were over in May, so we didn’t even begin to scratch the surface.
Whenever we make it back over, I might have to hit you up for some local information. There’s just so much to see.

shanegtr

Once again you annoy me Joe (but thats only because I also live in the Pilbara - but I just dont get out as much as I'd like too:mad:). Dont let me stop you from posting up pics however:p

Joe Fury

great pics as always Joe, thankyou
G'day Stuart
Thanks mate, but they are only ordinary images of a truly magnificent part of the Big State.
I trust all goes well for you, how is the new off roader going?
Safe travels : Joe Fury

Joe Fury

Once again you annoy me Joe (but thats only because I also live in the Pilbara - but I just dont get out as much as I'd like too:mad:). Dont let me stop you from posting up pics however:p
G'day Shane
I'm glad that I can and do annoy you when it comes to posting anything about wandering around in 'our' back yard, just hope it helps annoy you enough to load the Rover and camper and go show your kids what's out there before it can't be done any more!
5-IMGP2062.JPG

Safe travels: Joe Fury

Joe Fury

I so want to be back over there.

It’s such a shame it’s a half week drive each way for us to even start exploring.
Jen and I didn’t have much time when we were over in May, so we didn’t even begin to scratch the surface.
Whenever we make it back over, I might have to hit you up for some local information. There’s just so much to see.

G'day Mr Rum
Yes, the distance is huge and something only appreciated once you've done the journey, but the reward is in 'being here' ~ yes you managed to scratch the surface as you said, so much more to explore, I'm happy to inform you or any 4x4 earth member on what is a magnificent place that just happens to be my home paddock.
Yes ~ I read your trip report, most enjoyable actually.

Safe travels: Joe Fury

Joe Fury

Ahhh I miss the Pilbara .... I'll bet that water was too cold for a swim !
Brass Monkey's came to mind ~ yes far too bloody cold for a swim.
So you miss the Pilbara, not surprised at all and it won't ever leave you either.
Safe Travels: Joe Fury

Mr Rum

4x4 Earth Legend
Yes ~ I read your trip report, most enjoyable actually.
Thanks.:)

There was a bit more to our trip through the Pilbara, but there’s no real story to accompany it.
It was pretty much just Jen and I saying “wow” a whole lot as we explored our way to the coast via Karijini NP etc.

SeaJay

G'day Stuart
Thanks mate, but they are only ordinary images of a truly magnificent part of the Big State.
I trust all goes well for you, how is the new off roader going?

counting down the days until we head back up your way Joe, 10 days to go then we will be touring for 5 weeks in it in WA, possibly extending to 9 weeks and look at some of the NT

mauriceb

Hi Joe . Many thanks for your assistance and workshop press in replacing my failed Radius arm bushes while we were on our 6 week Western Desert Trip
15312161399198.jpg
15312161402484.jpg
15312161397866.jpg
15312162727741.jpg
15312162754336.jpg
15312162712934.jpg
. It was great to meet you and Maria. We enjoyed your tour out to Wanna Manna Rockhole then meeting up at Carrawine Gorge for 2 days. The Pilbara is such beautiful place.

Joe Fury

G'day Maurice
Thanks for the kind words, nice images too ~ it's always nice to see a familiar place through some one else's eyes.
It is important to show our fellow 'Earthlings' the real Pilbara, you, Les, Dennis, Trevor and Bob all have a real story to tell, I hope you all plant a 'seed' of adventure to show there's so much more to the Pilbara than what is churned out by the media.

Reactions: phs