Speaking noise

emmanuelbyrd18

I have an ra rodeo 05
So when I am driving under 40k’s there is a high pitch sqealing/squeaking but goes away when going over 40k and the squeak happens randomly coming from the wheel wells sounds like brake squeaking but I’m not touching the brakes I have no idea what it could be seeing if anyone would know what it would be

Albynsw

Brake pad is what comes to mind for me first. when it is next making the noise try applying a bit of brake pedal and see if it stops.

phs

Btw we had the same issue on our RA work rodeo I thought it was a bearing, it was the pad wear indicator

2luxes

You said wheel wells, do you mean both sides or just one? Is it front or rear? Does it start the moment the car moves? If it does then jack a wheel up and turn it by hand. If it squeals then have a look at the brake, it could be something like a stick caught in it. I have seen that happen a few times.

It could also be the fan belt slipping. See if you can hear it by reving the engine suddenly from idle with the car stationary.

discomatt

I looked at the thread title and assumed the thread would be about your wife :oops:
Slight dragging of a brake pad ?

cam04

Very common on ra/rc. Mine had it most of the time. Could be all of the above. Bearings also get end play and the disk rotor rubs slightly. Ask on an Isuzu/Holden specific forum. I ended up living with it until I got rid of it. Get it checked out though in case it isn’t the same issue.

discomatt

At least its only a squeak, I had that model for 3 years, 2 engine replacements, over 15 visits back to the dealer, 4 months with loan cars, 16l / 100 fuel consumption and up to 2.5l oil /1000km, tow bar nearly fell off and the rear tub wiring nearly burnt the car to the ground
And people bag LR, now thats funny

Rusty Panels

Sounds like brake pads, bearing noise doesn't normally come and go as you described.
Whatever it is you need to get someone in the know to have a look at it and have it rectified.
It's a bit late when you suddenly find you can't stop or get overtaken by your own wheel and tyre.