spare wheel carriers

warthogqld

Hey all I have a twin spare wheel carrier and am getting a little older but no wiser lol , looking for tips on how you all lift your spare wheels from the ground onto the carrier , and yep 10 years ago I can do it all easy as ……..

Swaggie

Join the club mate lol, Havnt ha to use mine in a long time, those plugs are nifty little critters...
If a mates around, the missus otherwise it’s a hard hall, unless you can figure out how to lesson the height somehow....

I have a Lowline external 6x4 roofrack over my canopy so i could rope off that quite comfortably, it’s a strong bugger can take my weight... :oops:

Goodluck

Petunia

I've not lifted it in the last 3? years, but when I made it [the spare carrier] it has a round tube well past the stud length, basically throw the spare at it, best i can and its up .... then rest, take a Nitroglycerin pill, then I have all day to line the studs up.

Tie a rope on your spare, throw it over tree branch tie it to tow bar, reverse up when tyre is at right height. :cool:

warthogqld

Join the club mate lol, Havnt ha to use mine in a long time, those plugs are nifty little critters...
If a mates around, the missus otherwise it’s a hard hall, unless you can figure out how to lesson the height somehow....

I have a Lowline external 6x4 roofrack over my canopy so i could rope off that quite comfortably, it’s a strong bugger can take my weight... :oops:

Goodluck
was thinking maybe trying to find a collapsible stool , however they are all too low , but cheers for your input

dno67

I know tyre plugs don't suit every puncture situation, but when they do. It's a lot easier than changing wheels. Iol
If you carry a shovel, you could roll it it the handle onto the rear bar and then restle from there.

Colly18

Hey all I have a twin spare wheel carrier and am getting a little older but no wiser lol , looking for tips on how you all lift your spare wheels from the ground onto the carrier , and yep 10 years ago I can do it all easy as ……..
I had to smile at this as just yesterday I said to the missus (re aging) as I prep for a couple weeks out bush, "Look, I can still bench press this wheel a couple metres up onto the roof rack!" (Just waiting for the back to start playing up now! :))
They get heavier with age, I swear!

smitty_r51

Raslaar one on a pathfinder, not at much choice on the Nissan... Been eyeing one since I bought it and they are now shipping rather than having to fit in shop