Change background image

Spare wheel bag suggestions

Discussion in 'General 4x4 Discussion' started by mac_man_luke, May 28, 2018.

1. mac_man_luke

mac_man_luke Well-Known Member

I finally got my spare mounted on the back of my cruiser again and that means i can put 1 or 2 wheel bags on again
    I have been using the supercheap wheel bags and they have done the job ok but dont fit 35s very well at all.

Any recommendations for wheel bags that fit 35s and preferably the type that covers the top of the tyres?

thanks!

2. muffin man

muffin man Well-Known Member

Halls canvas once had the best range and competitive prices.
    They like any canvas shop will make custom bags out of tough canvas.

3. mac_man_luke

Good idea didnt think of them but that does mean i cant just click a button to buy one :p

4. madmonk

madmonk Member

I purchased mine from Infront Camping. It consists of a canvas wheel cover and a separate rubbish bag that clips onto the wheel cover. Being a two-part system, it means that I don't have the bag flapping around when its empty. another good thing is that the wheel cover has a couple of large pockets on it where I can stash plastic garbage bags and other bits and pieces for quick access when needed. Link to the bag - http://www.infrontcampinggear.com.au/canvas-rubbish-bagaspare-wheel-cover-v3

5. mac_man_luke

Thats pretty nice looking and yea being able to remove it would be nice for when not on a trip

6. muffin man

muffin man Well-Known Member

Mine from above is removable....Hall's that is.

mac_man_luke likes this.
  7. unko84

unko84 Active Member

I have a Red Back they fit a 35". just make shore when you buying one that the top (lid) is over size as when the bag gets full it doesn't want to close if its the perfect fit. make shore it has good drainage. mine when full the top flap doesn't cover too well and has a eyelet For water drainage in the middle asdwell

mac_man_luke likes this.
  8. rogerazz

rogerazz 4x4 Earth Contributer

Not sure if there is a size for bigger tyres. Mine was 32" now I went back to 31" . I have had a bushranger for some years now, cost around $70.00 at a fourby show. Attached by adjustable webbing that has lock in clips. Made of a vinyl sort of, big heavy duty zipper arond the top which folds over. has drain doles in the bottom, very easy to clean exterior with pressure hose and wash out interior, especially when I carry dirty , sloppy, rubbish. I don't carry recovery gear in it as it is a rubbish bin:). Over the years parked outside not under cover, always fitted, never taken off and material etc. is as good as new. Bushranger rubbish bag.JPG
    Drainage holes underneath. Bushranger rubbish bag (4).JPG

mac_man_luke likes this.
  9. Muddled

Muddled Member

I have a new bush ranger bag, fits on a 33 with a bit of extra adjustment, got it from Snowys, you could probably fling them a message to see what they’d suggest for a 35.

Rags90mod, Swaggie and mac_man_luke like this.