Sorry Guys

Grumpy

Can't give you a trip report, let's just say we are having a ball so far, just short of Cairns tonight, bye for now.

Towie

I saw some footage today of the roads out of Laura ------ shall we say interesting now after this rain & its now 4wd not 2wd out of Laura....

If you come through Port Douglas stop & say hi

Swaggie

I saw some footage today of the roads out of Laura ------ shall we say interesting now after this rain & its now 4wd not 2wd out of Laura....

That's ok mate, he has the latest Toyota v8 Diesel, he'll just hydroplane through it.. :eek::eek:;)

Grumpy

Hey Robz where are you , seem to have lost you at cow bay tabletop dancing session with Kelly

shinysideUP

5th Annual Victorian Gathering member
Got info that the Palm Creek exit is in very poor condition. If it's still raining or been raining, it may be a which fest. Exit to the right is steep and will have to winch, exit on the left is all boggy so again, may have to winch if wet.... have fun ;):D

cookie64

4x4 Earth Contributer
Great video Towie, geez the Palm Creel has deteriorated since I was there in 2009 but Gunshot bypass looks a lot better

cheers

Grumpy

Hi all leaving Cooktown today so far so good, having a great time talking to locals and partying, 20 days on the road and not a dry night yet, I think it's starting to take its toll on the wallet ha ha ha! That's all for now folks. Oh Bushnut still talking at this stage.

cookie64

4x4 Earth Contributer
Hi all leaving Cooktown today so far so good, having a great time talking to locals and partying, 20 days on the road and not a dry night yet, I think it's starting to take its toll on the wallet ha ha ha! That's all for now folks. Oh Bushnut still talking at this stage.

So your dragging the shitty weather all the way from Melbourne and up the Cape - good onya, hope your buying everyone drinks Grump ;)

cheers

jacnden

They crashed at my place Saturday night so should be well up towards Chilli Beach now at a guess since Lakefield is still shut.
Here is a video of the trip i took up we left Cairns May 16th with 6 trucks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UDfsyg_lu1Q

towie,
sounds like your up that way a lot. in your video there is an exit to the main palm creek crossing just to the right of the normal exit.
how long has thet been there?
dont remember it from early july last year but the entry looks the same just a lot more mud!