Son Of Trials 2012

yobboford

Hi Guys and Girls,

Thought I would start a new thread for reports and photos from SOT held over the weekend, unfortunately I had to depart a little earlier than planned this morning due to a crook back but I had fun watching the guys compete yesterday and enjoyed another fun night sharing stories and laughs around the campsite.
Below are some photos that I got, if anyone else got any more please post them here as well as results.

Tuffdogs 80 climbing a sand hill that caught more than a few competitors out
IMG_4402.jpg

Adams ranger on the same hill
205708_IMG_4418.jpg

The show quality Paj powering thru the sand
430369_IMG_4443.jpg

Tuffdog entering the mudhole
IMG_4495.jpg

IMG_4496.jpg

The picture I promised I wouldnt put on the forum, woops...
IMG_4512.jpg

The princess mobile having a bath
IMG_4518.jpg

IMG_4545.jpg

And trying to reach for some air
IMG_4535.jpg

MK Triton getting the bow wave happening
IMG_4558.jpg

Jackson trying his hardest to copy the ranger
IMG_4577.jpg

Thats it for now :)

mk_triton

thank man was good to meet u will try and load some vids on youtube
thanks heaps and rob u really are the campfire comedian but we where just missing the camp fire

Last edited:

tuff dog

Cool pics rob i cant upload at this stage lol. As for results well i got a first place for track time on track 8
I also got 4th in the 35"traction plus. Not bad for my first 4x4 comp well im stocked got some top prizes
Also

03gallagherj

Congrats on getting 4th place again mate and congrats on the best run on the 8th stage! really a credit to you and you're driving! some great photos to be seen there Rob, hope there are plenty more to come.

Furthermore on the results, I got 3rd place in the 35 Traction Plus class!! :D

The tracks were unreal fun and I will be back again next year to compete

tuff dog

Congrats on getting 4th place again mate and congrats on the best run on the 8th stage! really a credit to you and you're driving! some great photos to be seen there Rob, hope there are plenty more to come.

Furthermore on the results, I got 3rd place in the 35 Traction Plus class!! :D

The tracks were unreal fun and I will be back again next year to compete

Thanks jackson well done to u also it wasa top weekend cant wait for next one

Jeep_jk112

Thanks heaps man it was a great time would have liked to c the jeep running a muck maybe next time

Definately next time!!!!
word has it, there would have been a few more jk's entered but they were in the shop fixing various bits...... SRS:eek:
ME personally nothings broken, buuut i could almost bet on something going pear shaped (few things need attention)....

Congrats to you aswell jackson

Toddyh

Good stuff guys. Got to meet a couple of you. Only had a go at 3 tracks myself. The advice I got about the tracks being suitable for my X-trail was not exactly accurate. Did complete the 'Anaconda' though and managed to get up that sand hill.
Will go down as a spectator only next time I think.

03gallagherj

Yeah thanks to all that attended, was so much fun.

Sorry not sure of your name Toddyh assuming its Todd, yeah I had never been before so I had no idea what to expect. Which trails did you get to complete? I didn't get a chance to meet you unfortunately.

yobboford

Sorry I didn't get to see you down there Todd, the tracks were a lot rougher than last year for sure, but I guess its hard to judge from a 80 series or patrol what is easy enough (no offence or anything, I genuinely thought you would have been ok).

My shout for a beer next year :)

tuff dog

Good stuff guys. Got to meet a couple of you. Only had a go at 3 tracks myself. The advice I got about the tracks being suitable for my X-trail was not exactly accurate. Did complete the 'Anaconda' though and managed to get up that sand hill.
Will go down as a spectator only next time I think.

It was good to c u give it a crack tho good on ya

Toddyh

No worries at all guys. Not blaming anyone here for advice at all. The advice I went on was an email
Hi Todd,

Stock standard, unmodified vehicles can enter and complete all the tracks with ease. It's more about driver skill than vehicle capabilities.

With the mods to your X-Trail, you should be fine.

Kind regards,

Son of Trials Committee
Nissan Patrol 4WD Club of NSW & ACT Inc.
Nissan Patrol 4WD Club of NSW & ACT Inc.

Yep it's Todd by the way.

I did track 1 - the sandy track - did 2:18, 8 -anaconda - did bout 6mins, and had a go at track 2. Got the the river section of track 2 and started to head up it but the rocks were just too big. Don't have the clearance.

I thought about having a go at the bog hole and hill climb tracks. Bog hole I didn't bother cause I didn't have a nav. Hill climb had a real big line and I wasn't sure how rough it got further up the hill. It really makes it difficult not being able to walk or see the tracks before having a go.

I assumed track 7 up the river was similar to track 2 so didn't bother with that one either.

Dieselcon

Definately next time!!!!
word has it, there would have been a few more jk's entered but they were in the shop fixing various bits...

Will definitely be in it next year!
Jeep in for
New double Cardin drive shaft
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1352022662.891368.jpg
New heavy duty tie rod and drag link
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1352022741.360764.jpg
Plus a new panard and steering stabilizer and flip bracket
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1352026195.533452.jpg

Booked in for front locker in December.
Funds all due to not smoking:)

03gallagherj

[youtube]JD2nt3dZT3k[/youtube]

Sorry about the size of the video, don't know what happened there will be uploading a better one later anyway

Last edited:

Dieselcon

Drive shaft was too long so it's being modified this week so hopefully installed on Saturday. If this is done then hopefully down to Yalwal for the Sunday :)