Solo Vic High Country tour

teza h

Thanks for the great report n pics. Wife and I are headind down that way for a cupla weeks on Sunday.Looking forward to it.

80lover96gxl

Cool report and pics.
Doing a couple of those tracks around Easter so it was good to see a few pics of tracks we'll be driving.
Thanks for sharing.

UAV

nice report and pics! Just did a solo high country trip last weekend and loved every minute of it

Great report, thx for sharing. Always keen to hear current updates on tracks in the Alpine regions of VIC. It's hard to know what to make of the notations on some maps, I've had tracks marked as easy that were challenging and ones marked as "experienced drivers with high clearance vehicles only" that were pretty straight forward, as long as you drove sensibly...

happy tezza

Cheers matey!, atm it's 108 in the morn & taking notes!was planning to spend a week looking around in early march but plans are on hold due to these terrible bushfires, Reading your post ,hmmm,nice loop!.Great photos nice blue skies!, thanks for some ideas!; cheers Tezza

aids84

It's hard to know what to make of the notations on some maps, I've had tracks marked as easy that were challenging and ones marked as "experienced drivers with high clearance vehicles only" that were pretty straight forward, as long as you drove sensibly...

Yeah I've found that also, it's strange that an easy track like Davies Plain has the same double black diamond rating as say Cobberas/Ingeegoodbee. I guess Forestry and National Parks try to give people an idea to avoid someone getting in over their head. The hardest tracks I've driven in the high country haven't had any sort of warning signs.

Kendiscoveries

Very very nice but man you did some driving in such a short time each to there own time frame I guess been to all those places best country ever..

aids84

Very very nice but man you did some driving in such a short time each to there own time frame I guess been to all those places best country ever..

Have done some trips down there in a group before and it's amazing how much more ground you can cover doing it solo. Other than the 2nd and 3rd days we were making it into camp early afternoon and had heaps of time to relax each day.

Triton14

Great read & pictures @aids84 :D

I worked up in the NSW high country for 14 years(mostly winters) & still miss the serenity, solitude & the scenery it can provide.

Never got to 4 wheel it though but after seeing your threads it just went on the list ;).
Have to make it down into Vic from NSW as well!

Cheers
Adrian