Solar blanket, Kings V Redarc

Albynsw

Massive price disparity between the two products, there is probably another brand on the market that sits between them as a good option?

Triton14

They all lie!!
His comments between 15:30 & 15:45 is what I have been saying for ages & its just not related to solar panels/blankets, its batteries as well in the same situation. Cant believe it still goes on!

Triton14

there is probably another brand on the market that sits between them as a good option?
But you still dont know what your going to get so why would you pay $1600 when you can get a similar output from a $210 product?

Everyone seems to have the opinion that the better the name, the more you spend you will get a better(or more accurate) product.
And while I am sure the materials used in the more expensive versions might be better it does not really equate to what wattage can be pulled or how many Ah you will get in the case of batteries.

I think I asked this in another thread but there needs to be regulation & set standards with all this gear!
There are so many products that need to meet Australian standards or cant be sold(legally), so why is this area not the same?

Albynsw

But you still dont know what your going to get so why would you pay $1600 when you can get a similar output from a $210 product?

Everyone seems to have the opinion that the better the name, the more you spend you will get a better(or more accurate) product.
And while I am sure the materials used in the more expensive versions might be better it does not really equate to what wattage can be pulled or how many Ah you will get in the case of batteries.

I think I asked this in another thread but there needs to be regulation & set standards with all this gear!
There are so many products that need to meet Australian standards or cant be sold(legally), so why is this area not the same?

The big difference and issue is reliability. I wouldn’t pay Redarc money for a panel it is ridiculous but at the same time I think he said in the video he is on warranty replacement no 3 for the Kings so that is no good either especially if you are touring you don’t want products failing on you.
Surely there is an alternative brand that is somewhere in the middle that will be reliable. I am going to be needing one in the early new year so will be researching them soon

linuxfan66

Exactly what I’m questioning
And you can buy 8 of them for that price.

Or buy 2, parallel a couple up and you have more than the red arc panel can produce for 1/4 the price
having two decreases the chance of total failure and produces more for the money. Isn’t even that much bulkier

Komang

Have use normal panel not blanket one
Some product brand that realible for me are Atem power and Sunpower size,price and product output a realiable good.
That just my op that I use

sharkcaver

Have use normal panel not blanket one
Some product brand that realible for me are Atem power and Sunpower size,price and product output a realiable good.
That just my op that I use
My atem power 120W flexible panel is crap. It's more like an 80W panel. The size of said panel also tells you it can not be 120W.

Komang

I have only the fix panel 60 watt to power my shed it max 58w never try thier flexi yet
But i used alot sun power flexi at work it produce what it said

discomatt

Buy 2# Kings units and you cannot go wrong:)
Do you people take zero notice of what is happening to the world or do you just not care or are you to wrapped up in your own life to not notice?
I am sure your children and their children will thank us for these attitudes.
Perfect example of where new emoji are needed, shaking my head right now :)

rmb3218

200w Kings solar Vs 150w Redarc blanket

Very interesting. I just skipped to the performance test. 10min 38 sec

The performance test he does is with a Redarc regulator connected to a battery. This will not give a true indication of the panels performance as the panel output would be dependent on the SOC of the battery. The only true indication of performance is open circuit voltage and short circuit current.

CTL

The performance test he does is with a Redarc regulator connected to a battery. This will not give a true indication of the panels performance as the panel output would be dependent on the SOC of the battery. The only true indication of performance is open circuit voltage and short circuit current.
I agree with your comments but didn’t think it was a “true indication test” but more a “comparison test” which he seems to have achieved.