So who is going where as the lockdown is lifting?

mac_man_luke

unfortunately even if the boarders open up it will be very busy see what happens

If your talking about your destinations being busy it might not be as bad as you think
We were thinking some of our destinations might have been busy last week but places that have previously been packed have been dead
eg Farina - normally capacity on a long weekend had 2 caravans and our group!

Warby

If your talking about your destinations being busy it might not be as bad as you think
We were thinking some of our destinations might have been busy last week but places that have previously been packed have been dead

I had similar - I went to wave rock last weekend and found it exceptionally quiet. I suspect its the lack of interstate/international tourists making the difference at the moment. No tour groups. No busloads of tourists.

rogerazz

4x4 Earth Contributer
Yeah! I agree. We Victorians don't see that S.A. is a big deal anymore so I expect you Crow Eaters will now have plenty of room from now on.
Our leader, Dan the Man, has convinced us Vics, saying there is not much to see over there anyway, so I am going to Mt Dandenong for a trip this weekend.
I will be wearing a Ruby Princess hat I found in a rubbish bin just up the road so I reckon I should be pretty safe at social distancing. :D.

80lover96gxl

SA outback last week was very quiet, beautiful weather and no crowds made for a great week away.
20200606_151005.jpg

20200606_170923.jpg

20200611_094023.jpg

20200610_065536.jpg

SuperSteve

If you're planning to go to any tourist attractions, definitely plan ahead, check websites, etc.
There's still restrictions in place that can limit numbers, plus a lot of places will be short staffed and may not be able to operate at full capacity, and plenty of places are still closed.

Warby

Not really back - just a bit more stringent again. Not sure what people are like elsewhere but here it seems they're over it and a bit too relaxed.

Similar here in WA... I am personally not really worried about it atm given our low numbers, but at the shops etc you'd be forgiven for thinking it never even existed. Many people completely disregard social distancing...

Personally, I think its going to be VERY difficult to get people to comply with increased restrictions this time around. That was kind of a one shot deal I suspect.

callmejoe

Had a little time b4 the new truck arrives so a quick trip out to Lorella springs was I order.

Takes about 11hrs towing the camper to get there from home. Unfortunately the wife couldn't come so all by my lonesome.

Spent 1 night at the homestead the a 3hr cruise out to "Serect fishing spot". It's a small coastal camp with pretty much nothing but dirt flies and wind, oh and fishing of course. Most people boat it from here or 4ws bikes to small river inlets.
As I have no bike and no boat I tend to walk alot. ha.

Anyway some pic of doing nothing.
20200615_172050.jpg
20200613_070338.jpg
20200612_152517.jpg
20200612_175845.jpg
20200614_065201.jpg
20200612_173503.jpg
20200612_175845.jpg
20200613_070338.jpg
20200612_152517.jpg
20200622_135854.jpg
20200622_135854.jpg

Attachments

• 20200614_064834.jpg
    20200614_064834.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 52
Last edited:

callmejoe

Not 4wd, semi trailer, just as well really because if he traded his Patrol for a Volvo much mocking would be had next time I saw him :oops:

I've read the topic on Does a Porsche make a good 4wd, so there's no way I'd start a topic on " does a "Volvo" make a good 4wd."
Mind you, it comes with deep reduction gears. (.5km per hr) cross lock, diff lock, air suspension, so maybe I should.

Albynsw

I've read the topic on Does a Porsche make a good 4wd, so there's no way I'd start a topic on " does a "Volvo" make a good 4wd."
Mind you, it comes with deep reduction gears. (.5km per hr) cross lock, diff lock, air suspension, so maybe I should.

Joe you forgot the biggest upside that you can easily stay within GVM :)