So who is going where as the lockdown is lifting?

Albynsw

I am getting the vibe for a trip, took my toolbox off today and fitted my camping canopy and did a trial fitting of my new RTT
Think we will be hitting the road at the end of July for a bit of a run, assuming all borders will be open by then so thinking either a desert trip and poke around Innamincka etc or do a run up to the Gulf country

What’s everyone else up too?

barcher

A couple of weeks in western nsw, darling river, Milparinka area. If Qld border is open will have to drop in to Kilcowera for a few days. Nice station camp with plenty drives with the camera.

rogerazz

4x4 Earth Contributer
Little away yet, however one trip is on the go. Wife's cousins ( aged 75 years young) , bit younger then me, is looking at doing the Massive Murray Paddle in a singles canoe and wants me to be the ground crew??? Yep, only me. Four stages from Wangaratta to Swan Hill over four days with around twelve check points.
Means I have to travel along the Murray for five days, carry canoe and equipment from each starting and finishing points and set up camp each day for accommodation and meals, etc. etc.
Sounds like a tough gig out there in November. :D :D :D :D.
Oh well, I guess someone has to do it.

LurchWA

Looking at NW of WA in early July.
Hoping to get to Kununurra for some Barra fishing followed by Port Smith, Pardoo Stn and Giralia

rogerazz

4x4 Earth Contributer
Just read that from 22 June shared facilities in campgrounds, caravan parks, etc. will be allowed in Victoria. I assume that "shared facilities" means people in tents, vans and campers without their own toilet, shower, kitchen, etc. can book in again. :D.
Correct me if I am wrong.

Gidgee

Hoping for Nullabor to Kalgoorlie, GCR to Stuart Hwy then back to Adelaide. That's assuming WA opens the border in time cos I ain't going later than Aug.

Grippy

We already had the Simmo planned for September, hopefully that can still go ahead, otherwise we might have to head up Rig Road instead of going to Birdsville.
Am planning to do the Border Tk in a couple of weeks, not sure about the whole camping at Red Bluff thing seeing as it's in Vic and Borders still aren't open.

allanmac

4x4 Earth Contributer
Just read that from 22 June shared facilities in campgrounds, caravan parks, etc. will be allowed in Victoria. I assume that "shared facilities" means people in tents, vans and campers without their own toilet, shower, kitchen, etc. can book in again. :D.
Correct me if I am wrong.
Rogerazz, about a week ago, they allowed caravan parks to open the toilets, but not the showers. BUT, it was up to the discretion of each individual park as to whether they did open toilet blocks or not. Still, bookings were only taken for caravnas etc that were fully self contained.

CTL

Had planned a triple Simmo crossing but Covid has put that back a year.
Instead, I’m thinking we will visit the three Qld corners my wife hasn’t visited (she went to Poepple Corner when we crossed the Simmo in 2014). Give the new-to-us AOR Quantum its first trip.

discomatt

I am heading up to the high country next weekend, we will do a quiet week at Tocumwal some time in the next 2 months and Liza had maps out yesterday of the NT so who knows where that might lead

phs

We had plans prior to lock down
Head off October: Melbourne to Margaret River via the coast back Xmas

unfortunately even if the boarders open up it will be very busy see what happens