So what's going on with the Carbon Tax?

millsy

4x4 Earth Contributer
Millsy, try living in his electorate............... in 7 years he has done 4/5ths of 5/8ths of SFA for it .:mad:

He is normal all right, a typical normal lazy ba$tard politician who is sitting in safe seat because the moron voters out here haven't got the common sense to throw him out and make him work to gain their vote by doing something that directly benefit his electorate.

Out here we are saddled with the " I vote for de Labor because my Father he vote for the Labor" mentality and as a result Shorten rests on his laurels. If he was as you say, a "fair and reasonable man" then why are some parts of his electorate still considered the $hithole of north west melbourne

Prior to that we had another lazy prick Bob Sercombe , once again didn't do a %#*@% thing for 11 years because the dumbar$se voters keep voting for "de Labor" and Labor didnt have to do a thing and continues to do nothing. You whinge about the unemployment and other issues of Adelaide.............. Try the western burbs of Melbourne

18 years of neglect, inactivity and rhetoric ......................... yep, Shorten fits in with the usual quality of normal the Labor party puts out here ;).

JG at least had the common courtesy to organise a couple of major projects for her electorate in her time in Lalor

Don't try and tell the Western suburbs of Melbourne about Shorten, you only get to see what Shorten and his media crew want you to believe.

Please don't pee down our back and tell us it's raining re Shorten.:mad:

Cheers

Fair enough. You are a lot closer to him than I am. I am just going on how he performed leading up to the election. Now that he is in opposition, and in early days, he is really 'doing an Abbott', outlining all the wrongs with his policies.

Look forward to when he/they start to outline Labors ideas for how to run the country. But if he follows Abbott's form it won't be until about 2 weeks before the next election!

chris_stoffa

4x4 Earth Contributer
Fair enough. You are a lot closer to him than I am. I am just going on how he performed leading up to the election. Now that he is in opposition, and in early days, he is really 'doing an Abbott', outlining all the wrongs with his policies.

Look forward to when he/they start to outline Labors ideas for how to run the country. But if he follows Abbott's form it won't be until about 2 weeks before the next election!

Millsy, I can without fear of contradiction confirm that the only time that we did hear from him was about 2 weeks before the last election!, Oh and when he stood outside the gates of GMH. He didn't bother going down to the Toyota plant.

And the only reason we knew that he was here was our mailbox was full of his electoral crap which was trying to tell us all about his ideas of how to run the country.

Cheers

millsy

4x4 Earth Contributer
Well you have got me doing some research on Bill Shorten now. I started out by checking out his Web pages. Just read through a speech he recently gave to the Australian 2014 Economic and Social Outlook Conference. I was very impressed. Took a while to read. A good 10 or 15 minutes I suppose. But a good read. You might be interested in having a read too lol. I thought it was a very logical working plan for Australia's next government, and of course, also explaining how the Labor opposition intends to spend the next three years. I wouldn't call it crap.

ADDRESS TO THE AUSTRALIAN 2014 ECONOMIC AND SOCIAL OUTLOOK CONFERENCE. billshorten.com.au

Last edited:

chris_stoffa

4x4 Earth Contributer
I wouldn't call it crap.

His deluge of pre-electoral mail was crap, we were quite bombarded with it.

As said, for many he hasn't even passed site induction here........... his own electorate seems to be irrelevant , which when you come to think of it is on par with the usual level of local inactivity.

Tappet

Your observations are bang on Chris but nah is doesn't really help.

As for Billy. He does seem like a normal and well adjusted guy. He made it to the top of the ACTU and lets face it you don't get there by being a bunny. I do believe he is genuine in what says but is he the man? Maybe not. (sorry rhetorical question:) Sometimes I think Albo would have been a better bet. Certainly a better parliamentary performer and better at the 10 second grab comment but as passionate and genuine as Shorten? Maybe not. Saw a good 10 second job with Palmer today on insiders. said- "I don't care if how much debt this country is in I want those Pensioners to have their piece of chocolate and go to watch a movie." Bang! That, was powerful stuff. Those type of comments resonate. No wonder the the Libs avoiding a double dissolution like the plague. Palmer would wreck havoc. There is only one thing Palmer hates more than the Labor Party and that's the LNP. No need worry to much, Like Hanson he will loose that in time. Clive is for Clive and more importantly the power it gives him. For blokes like him it's not the money they have that already but the power turns them on. You can see it he is thriving on it.

Better get back on topic. You gotta give credit where due. Palmer says he will will give his vote to to abolishion of the Carbon Tax on the proviso that a future plan for a emission based carbon trading system is implemented. You and I know that wont happen with a LNP Government- Period. He then says I want to see large guaranteed savings back to consumers with crippling fines for power providers that don't. Knowing full well that the savings will be minimal as it's the poles and the wires (the so called gold plating and some extent the home PV systems) that that have been largest contributing factor. Palmer has found wedge and he's gaining maximum political advantage with it. Funny thing is, he's very much like the Libs. In reality he wants nothing at all. FFS he's a coal man.

chris_stoffa

4x4 Earth Contributer
Your observations are bang on Chris but nah is doesn't really help.

Wasn't actually meant to be :D:D

Gotta agree re Albanese, he is and would have been a better performer, the pity is that Labor has effectively put all their eggs in one basket and ruled him out as a replacement ( unless Bill S drops dead that is ) until after the next election and even if they did cull Bill after the next election they will be accused of reverting to their previous state of instability and infighting - damned if they do and damned if they don't.

I don't doubt that Shortens' heart is in the right place (for a pollie that is) and that he is not your local village idiot either, just that his performance in this neck of the woods doesn't substantiate the claims -not that it needs to either as Labor could run the village idiot out here and the true village idiots would still vote for them.

With Palmer I find it intriguing that those that have an aversion to people with political power , influence and money seem to find him a viable alternative yet he is doing only what that political power , influence and money can do for him or suits his agenda.

He certainly is no Don Chipp.

Cheers

millsy

4x4 Earth Contributer
Millsy will just love this one. his most favorite person ;)

Rupert Murdoch Thinks You're Overreacting About Climate Change

Now Millsy, Breath in , Breath out......... calm down !, he is technically correct , The world has been changing for thousands and thousands of years.

So you can't just arbitrarily call him out on that one :D

Well I hope he enjoys his last few stupid comments on climate change. Because I think his days are numbered. Another Australian 'big name' that could end up in jail. Not for sex crimes, but for greed and incompetence. The clock is ticking . . .

chris_stoffa

4x4 Earth Contributer
Well I hope he enjoys his last few stupid comments on climate change. Because I think his days are numbered. Another Australian 'big name' that could end up in jail. Not for sex crimes, but for greed and incompetence. The clock is ticking . . .

Millsy the day Murdock ends up in jail I will bare my ar$e in Bourke Street - wishful thinking Im afraid , he is 83 with enough lawyers and dollars to drag out any legal proceedings for years

And if you think you can jail him for greed and incompetence you will be jailing half the politicians and all the CEO's if the usual rhetoric about bosses is any indication besides there is nothing in the Crimes Act that says that just being greedy or incompetent is a felony

Hell, come to think of it I havent yet met a die hard Labor voter that doesnt think that all CEO's are greedy and incompetent :D:D

rogerazz

4x4 Earth Contributer
Millsy will just love this one. his most favorite person ;)

Rupert Murdoch Thinks You're Overreacting About Climate Change

Now Millsy, Breath in , Breath out......... calm down !, he is technically correct , The world has been changing for thousands and thousands of years.

So you can't just arbitrarily call him out on that one :D

What did Murdoch say??? three percent??? No I mean three cents???? No sorry I mean three degrees centigrade????
Sounds like a very nolegible, sorry nolegebable, sorry I mean knowledgeable, cientific, sorry sineatific, sorry I mean scientific Chap.
Doh!:rolleyes:
And an excerpt taken from that news article. Quote..Perhaps unsurprisingly, Murdoch's Fox News has been found to give its viewers the most inaccurate information on climate change of any American network.... end of quote.:)

Last edited:

millsy

4x4 Earth Contributer
Millsy the day Murdock ends up in jail I will bare my ar$e in Bourke Street - wishful thinking Im afraid , he is 83 with enough lawyers and dollars to drag out any legal proceedings for years

And if you think you can jail him for greed and incompetence you will be jailing half the politicians and all the CEO's if the usual rhetoric about bosses is any indication besides there is nothing in the Crimes Act that says that just being greedy or incompetent is a felony

Hell, come to think of it I havent yet met a die hard Labor voter that doesnt think that all CEO's are greedy and incompetent :D:D

Didn't explain myself very well. But having watched that Four Corners documentary a few weeks ago, about Murdoch's phone tapping empire, it was amazed how the man with the ultimate responsibility for the illegal phone tapping seems to have got away with 'murder'. But maybe the story is not over yet.

It was his greed, for power, or for money, and his decision not to be responsible for how his powerful media interests were operating, that led to the unchecked illegal activities.

So I suppose the law, and the lawyers, have to decide whether it is the man who 'pulls the trigger' is responsible for murder, or is it the man who gives the order to pull the trigger, or the man that stands to one side and who is able to prevent the pulling of the trigger by giving a simple verbal instruction. People are sent to jail for being accomplices in a murder, even though they had no physical involvement in the deed.

I would say that Murdoch was an accomplice. Having said that I suppose if they let his CEO off the hook in Britain, they could well let him off too!

Yes, money, power and corruption certainly speak volumes when it comes to justice.

Maybe the story is over. Maybe we are just waiting for a clever, and brave, lawyer to do their research before striking. I hope so.

Mind you, I am not a vindictive person. I just remember what he did to my girlfriend!

chris_stoffa

4x4 Earth Contributer
Didn't explain myself very well. But having watched that Four Corners documentary a few weeks ago, about Murdoch's phone tapping empire, it was amazed how the man with the ultimate responsibility for the illegal phone tapping seems to have got away with 'murder'. But maybe the story is not over yet.

It was his greed, for power, or for money, and his decision not to be responsible for how his powerful media interests were operating, that led to the unchecked illegal activities.

So I suppose the law, and the lawyers, have to decide whether it is the man who 'pulls the trigger' is responsible for murder, or is it the man who gives the order to pull the trigger, or the man that stands to one side and who is able to prevent the pulling of the trigger by giving a simple verbal instruction. People are sent to jail for being accomplices in a murder, even though they had no physical involvement in the deed.

I would say that Murdoch was an accomplice. Having said that I suppose if they let his CEO off the hook in Britain, they could well let him off too!

Yes, money, power and corruption certainly speak volumes when it comes to justice.

Maybe the story is over. Maybe we are just waiting for a clever, and brave, lawyer to do their research before striking. I hope so.

Mind you, I am not a vindictive person. I just remember what he did to my girlfriend!

Millsy, Which jurisdiction, which law, what offence or offences ? - he is a US citizen operating which parts of the empire where in how many countries ? - the extradition process would be longer than the adaptation runs of Le Mis' let alone any actual proceedings - As said it aint gunna happen long as my ar$e points towards the ground so you will be ok :D you can go on hating him ad infinitum.

Take heart, statistically he only has another 4-5 years ;)

Cheers

millsy

4x4 Earth Contributer
Take heart, statistically he only has another 4-5 years ;)

Cheers

Well he doesn't look very young that's for sure. Maybe they don't want him 'up there'. If he goes up to Heaven he will be 'in' on everyone's sins, having got the goss from down below with all that tapping going on. Then he will be pissing in the 'old man's ears' (pardon my disrespect - I don't think I will be going up there either!) dobbing millions in and having them sent to hell.

No, I think the unions 'up there' will make sure the gates are locked tight every time he comes knocking. He could be around a lot longer yet. And when he finally goes he will be going down, not up.

Unless he is a Christian I suppose. They CAN get away with murder I believe! (Sorry if I have offended anyone.) Doesn't seem to be any justice in the world, IMO. Wonder if he could get away with it in other religions?

Let's start a thread on religion. This politics IS getting a bit boring at the moment.

chris_stoffa

4x4 Earth Contributer
Didn't Nixon go to jail for phone tapping? Something about a Watergate affair. Can't remember. Will check it out.

Nope, he resigned office rather than be impeached , didn't face any charges and wandered off to write his memoirs or whatever and play elder statesman before falling off the mortal coil about 20 years later.

rogerazz

4x4 Earth Contributer
I will vote for Milsy and Chris Stoffa in the next senate elections. They would make Abbot, Hockey, Palmer, and all the other stragglers, look like, like, like, likeanyway , I am voting for Millsy and Stoffa. At least they are prepared to fight for the right.