So new I haven't got a vehicle yet!

Giller

Hi All,
From Melbourne. My 2021 Triton GLX+ arrives on the weekend. New to 4x4 and intend to use it to get out camping a lot more this year. Will take it easy to start and do a course to have an idea what I'm doing on the tracks. Cheers.

boobook

Good idea. A course is thfire st thing to do. Also if you have any dosh left over, see if you can get the tyres swapped out while they're brand new.

IMHO you are best doing no other mods to the vehicle for 3 - 4 months, take your time and see if there are any niggles in the car. Then do accessories one or two at a time, adding to the capability. You really don't save much doing everything at once.

Too many times I have seen ( here and elsewhere) where people get all the mods in one go, then when something goes wrong no one knows what the problem is.

Enjoy your Triton.

smitty_r51

Yeah as boobook said, use the car first, throw boxes in the tub to work out what spaces you need, then start the build

took 2 years before i modded the pathy after buying it, and that was new tyres and a roof rack for storage... 11 years later and it is just about done and i have only had to do things once

Triton14

Good luck with the new car Giller.

I presume you will get some shity Dunlop road tyre with the car, thats the 1st thing I would change as of the bitumen they are useless.

In saying that I run 2 sets of wheels as I hate driving aggressive A/T's around the city of months on end.

Welcome to the joys of 4x4.

Last edited:

Giller

Thanks so much for the welcome and advice all. Just found out I can pick it up tomorrow! Excited is an understatement.

Was thinking the same about slow and steady with the mods. Going to pick up a compressor, inflator/deflator first off so at least I can go some places and take it easy to start. For tyres was looking at the Falken Wildpeak 3AWs (anyone running them or have an opinion feel free to let me know how they go). After that I think a hard lid to keep the gear dry and secure. Anyways. I'll throw up a photo or two once it lands and thanks again for the warm welcome. G

Albynsw

Do a bit of camping before you commit to a hard lid. Just in case you can’t fit all your gear under it

Giller

Well the dealer messed up so new Triton lands next Thursday. Tell ya, once they make a sale they don’t much care for you eh!