snowy river advice

lars cordes

g'day al, am looking for advice/pointers for a treck around the snowy river. deddick track looks like it could be a bit of fun, anyone been across the river at jacksons crossing or on campbell knob track ... cheers in advance

Bomber2012

I think that area may be closed atm Lars , many of the tracks in that area haven’t been cleaned up since the bush fires plus this border closure stuff has restricted travel .

lars cordes

cheers bomber, cant see anything about closures in the snowy river NP on the parks vic website, was looking at mt pinnibar but was advised it is closed & the parks vic site confirms that ... will investigate further, fair treck to get there for us so would be nice to know we are gunna be able to get in before going all that way

JAFO

I had planned a Trip from Sydney to the area for just after New Years . . . Did :-(

Was planning to take in Mackillop Bridge, Ingeegoodbee Track, MacFarlanes Flat Track, Davies Plain Track through to Tom Groggin station.

Was advised by a Vic Ranger Ingeegoodbee Track and another associated track, which I can't remember it's Name would be closed too 4WD'ers till Mid Year due to heavy damage.

Grant

peterfermtech

The tracks aren't marked as closed although I'm pretty sure the fires were in that area. Around our area the track repair work has been fairly intensive so it wouldn't be surprising if that area was also repaired.

lars cordes

I had planned a Trip from Sydney to the area for just after New Years . . . Did :-(

Was planning to take in Mackillop Bridge, Ingeegoodbee Track, MacFarlanes Flat Track, Davies Plain Track through to Tom Groggin station.

Was advised by a Vic Ranger Ingeegoodbee Track and another associated track, which I can't remember it's Name would be closed too 4WD'ers till Mid Year due to heavy damage.

Grant
how do u actually get to speak to someone from park vic, have never been able to get past the recorded message with the lovely young lady telling me all about things im not interested in on repeat loop

JAFO

how do u actually get to speak to someone from park vic, have never been able to get past the recorded message with the lovely young lady telling me all about things im not interested in on repeat loop

It took a couple days, but called one office that I thought would cover the area I was going too, who put me onto another office that covered the area I wanted to drive through, and then was given the Mobile Number of the Ranger who managed the tracks in that area of concern.

A little surprised myself,