Change background image

Snow snow snow ?

Discussion in 'Trips' started by phs, Jun 17, 2018.

1. phs

phs Well-Known Member

Well what a start to the season,

We were off to Marysville this morning for a snow drive / hike, but the black Spur was at a stand still in the wee hours of the morning so we headed to mt Donna, plenty of snow above 900m. But not much 4wding up there so we hiked up.

After the hike we though to give Marysville another crack but Acheron way had some storm damage making the road impassable.

We then decided to just head home.

There would be plenty of snow up lake mountain/ woods point way. Oh well next time

2. Spooner

Spooner Well-Known Member

Go up and come home via Reefton Spur way or Noojee is the go ;)

Swaggie and phs like this.
  3. phs

phs Well-Known Member

hey mate,
    not a bad idea ill give it a go next time, was liking acheron way very wet and cold just a shame it was impassable

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. Spooner

Spooner Well-Known Member

Too many people use the road through Black Spur to Marysville & Lake Mountain this time of year.
    Also its more prone to damage and closure in winds.
    Id suggest Yarra Glen , turn right to Noojee , turn left in town and follow it up and turn right at the pine plantation to join Nine Mile and go past the Doll's House to the end , turn right to Mt Matlock / Woods Point :)
    Dolls House1.jpg

5. Bomber2012

Bomber2012 Well-Known Member

Matlock last night
    fullsizeoutput_d18.jpeg

6. phs

phs Well-Known Member

Looks fantastic !

80lover96gxl likes this.
  7. rogerazz

rogerazz 4x4 Earth Contributer

Just rang my son's ( RIP Andy) ex at Mt beauty about an hour ago. She said lots of snow, the locals and visitors are getting real excited :eek:. I then went over to the heater control, turned it up a couple of more degrees and opened another bottle. Maybe I am getting soft???:rolleyes:.

8. phs

phs Well-Known Member

I got through the black Spur today....... it must have been a tree last week as there was a fairly large one cut up on the side of the road

Anyway I found some snow no much below 1100+ meters but at 1200 a nice covering
    Track was a mess a lot of shrapnel all over the place. Oh well I guess you get that lucky I packed my silky Bigboy made short work of most logs under 150mm

[​IMG]

RBJET, rogerazz, Spooner and 6 others like this.