Snow overnighter

discomatt

At this stage I will be keen on that, the better half is working tonight but will check the diary when she gets home and see if we are free.
Fingers crossed:)

phs

Work is killing me at the moment !
If it were any other day I would take it off and head up !!!!

Current lake mountain car park photo it's a white out, must be snow the whole way form Mary's to point

43161747674_2c58980c96_z.jpg

Bomber2012

At this stage I will be keen on that, the better half is working tonight but will check the diary when she gets home and see if we are free.
Fingers crossed:)
Im out this week end Matt (to much stuff to do ) I've had 4 snow trips this winter plus car is going in for new suspension/tyres . There will be plenty of snow about....just saying .:):):):(

phs

Plenty of snow out today,

Very surprised how many AWDs we saw :eek:
Just solo cars unprepared struggling, can completely understand why they close so many roads

30122805248_3e5c61009c_z.jpg

We ended up in a gutter fair quick passing another 4wd that had a log on his side so could nt move over, could have easily been avoided if we just waited, they did stop and offer to help but it was No big issue did not bother trying much just pulled the winch out and 2 minuets later back on track

All in all a very good day.

Mr Rum

4x4 Earth Legend
I don’t know if there are any others out there who are fortunate enough to have Tuesday/ Wednesday (21st/22nd August) off that would like to head out near Porepunkah.
Probably doesn’t suit many, and it is short notice, but here’s what I’m planning..

It’s the same area I was shown a couple of weeks ago, and the plan is to try making it through to Dargo. Due to the recent and upcoming snow dumps, this mightn’t be possible though, and no silly risks will be taken, making turning around a real possibility.

To join, you must have your own recovery gear, rated recovery points, winch, and all terrain tyres as a minimum.
Plan is to camp IN THE SNOW, so you’ll need to be prepared to deal with sub zero camping.

At this point in time, it’s just my brother and I, and I’m capping numbers at four vehicles.
PM me if you’re interested, and I’ll let you know where and when we’re meeting.

At the very least, I should have more info on conditions to share by the end of next week.

Mr Rum

4x4 Earth Legend
damn work!
I know. It’s what stops me joining in so many trips.

This year I decided to take life by the balls though, and just make the most of whatever time I get off. If it’s weekdays, so what, the other choice is staying home most of the year. Not interested in that any more.

This year I’ve done so much more than previous years, but I have had to do a lot of it alone (even without the mrs).
Starting to like travelling alone though.
I’m starting to think I’m going to make an awesome grumpy old bloke in a decade or so.

phs

I don’t know if there are any others out there who are fortunate enough to have Tuesday/ Wednesday (21st/22nd August) off that would like to head out near Porepunkah.
Probably doesn’t suit many, and it is short notice, but here’s what I’m planning..

It’s the same area I was shown a couple of weeks ago, and the plan is to try making it through to Dargo. Due to the recent and upcoming snow dumps, this mightn’t be possible though, and no silly risks will be taken, making turning around a real possibility.

To join, you must have your own recovery gear, rated recovery points, winch, and all terrain tyres as a minimum.
Plan is to camp IN THE SNOW, so you’ll need to be prepared to deal with sub zero camping.

At this point in time, it’s just my brother and I, and I’m capping numbers at four vehicles.
PM me if you’re interested, and I’ll let you know where and when we’re meeting.

At the very least, I should have more info on conditions to share by the end of next week.

Subzero camping ?

Fairly Std for us Victorians lol
Camping in the snow is interesting don't forget your stretcher

Look forward to the report

phs

Don’t worry, even us in NSW have to deal with subzero conditions. Even snow some times.
Damn, even the outback has nights that dip below freezing.
I just had to put it there, considering I’m potentially inviting people with absolutely no idea.

It was a bit of light humour for you triopical dwellers

Funny I once meet a very grumpy servo owner in the otways

" You guys look happy ? "

" Its allright for you lot to come down for a day of fun but I have to live here, £^+# freezing cold 95% of the year, and we don't even get snow "

Yeah fair call about the outback at night it can get very cold

phs

All good, that’s how I took it.
Sorry if I came across the wrong way. My grumpy old man tendencies must be showing.

Nah not at all,

Wish I could join the trip, nearly had the 22nd free, nearly did but that all changed about 6 hours ago.

Very jelouse mid week in winter is a great time of year to get out I recon you'll have a cracker of a trip !

phs

It will if it is still snowing !

But surly by November the snow will be well and truly gone.

Good work bomber looks ace