Snow driving

Zob

Hey fellas,

Is there any place in nsw where i can drive on snow?? Any track near kosciuszko?

thanks

Triton14

Any track near kosciuszko?
My advice is to do a search on here, its been discussed before!

There are some trail around Kosy that can get snow & most of those trails are in pretty mountainous area's obviously.

There are some trails that link NSW & Vic that could be snow covered but you cant travel between the 2 atm obviously.

Personally I wouldnt be activily seeking out snow, it can get you into a lot of trouble, if it occured as part of my travel route then I would access it then.

discomatt

Staff member
I go for a snow drive every year, its great fun but has some real risks and dangers so it pays to go in a group with some experienced 4wders and take it easy.
Like everything in life risk verses reward, some stay at home to reduce all lifes risks, some go out and seek risk because it can be very rewarding

Triton14

Like everything in life risk verses reward, some stay at home to reduce all lifes risks, some go out and seek risk because it can be very rewarding
Agreed.
Its a bit hard get an understnding of what someone's driving capabilities are from one line on a forum.

Still I dont have to, hell go nuts Zob, but my only advice then would be carry a PLB, lots of area's around there where you wont ge any phone coverage ;)

G_ute

Last Sunday in the Subaru. Lots of belly scraping, luckily this is as deep as it got.

20200813_201422.jpg

G_ute

Tasmania, travelling north from Bothwell to Interlaken , Dennistoun Road, Lake Sorell.

Triton14

He can't reveal that, its way to dangerous ;)
There's more than one in every bunch.
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :confused:

Dude, I actually lived in the snow for 14 years & seen the best & worse of conditions & how people who have no idea & people who are way to cocky cause a lot of grief to themselves & others!

Last edited: