Smoking Banned in NSW National Parks

tankbloke

4x4 Earth Contributer
I have the answer......

Ignore this stupid new pillocks law, it really isn't worth 8 pages of stupid opinions and self righteous crap.

have a nice day now:D
Give the man a cigar.(or of pack of Winnies and an ashtray):):D

03GV

The solution isnt far away anyway, the dirty smokers are gonna be paying through the nose and wont be able to afford trips out the the parks anymore! Hehe

skot

I always keep a bottle of water in my car to drop smokes in, i dont want to stink my ash tray out and dont want to risk burning the joint down by carlessly throwing them out the window. If i take mates out with me i always make sure they drop them in the bottle too, just as i see them taking the last drag i jump on them, "put that in the bottle" lol shits them to tears. I guess growing up in a small country town you learn, and know how easy fires can start and how quickly they can get out of control.

Easy fix. Put tobacco on the banned substances list like marijuana. It will happen eventually.

Got nothing against people breathing in that stuff but just keep it away from my family.
Ive seen 1st hand what it did to my grandfather (lung cancer) and it was a horrible way to see him go.

80lover96gxl

Easy fix. Put tobacco on the banned substances list like marijuana. It will happen eventually.

Got nothing against people breathing in that stuff but just keep it away from my family.
Ive seen 1st hand what it did to my grandfather (lung cancer) and it was a horrible way to see him go.
That'll never happen in our life time, the government stands to lose to much $$$ in taxes to have it on the banned substance list.

Its not the taxes they are worried about, its the cost of health care for all the problems smoking causes. It costs more to have people in hospitals than they get from the taxes, thats why they keep putting the tax on fags up.
Think of the fines they can get for catching people smoking...make it $500 per ciggy/butt, $$$$$$$

But i agree most of us here will never see it happen :(

80lover96gxl

Its not the taxes they are worried about, its the cost of health care for all the problems smoking causes. It costs more to have people in hospitals than they get from the taxes, thats why they keep putting the tax on fags up.
Think of the fines they can get for catching people smoking...make it $500 per ciggy/butt, $$$$$$$

But i agree most of us here will never see it happen :(
Yes very true, unfortunately it will be an on going problem as smoking related illnesses continue to increase there will always be those that require health care.

I guess atleast some of the taxes help fund those requiring those services, pretty viscous circle really.

discomatt

Good on you... so much for freedom of choice.... and banning all drugs works a treat, we don't have a drug problem at all in Australia... and while we are at it lets ban everything that can or might cause personal damage/injury, swimming might drown get eaten or even worse end up like Steve Urwin , walking/jogging might have a heart attack, strong pain killers might get addicted, I have seen what pharmasutical drugs can do when abused not nice and the final 1 lets ban alcohol because we all now the evils there....

Sorry about your grandfather it is a horrible way to go as is empheacma I have seen both but have also seen people die from other horrible diseases, doesn't mean smoking should be banned

Last edited:

Blue_haired_man

Good on you... so much for freedom of choice.... and banning all drugs works a treat, we don't have a drug problem at all in Australia... and while we are at it lets ban everything that can or might cause personal damage/injury, swimming might drown get eaten or even worse end up like Steve Urwin , walking/jogging might have a heart attack, strong pain killers might get addicted, I have seen what pharmasutical drugs can do when abused not nice and the final 1 lets ban alcohol because we all now the evils there....

Sorry about your grandfather it is a horrible way to go as is empheacma I have seen both but have also seen people die from other horrible diseases, doesn't mean smoking should be banned

I guess some people just wish Australia was ruled by a dictator

Cheers Leo

03GV

And then we cop union loving dictators, then everyone will vote them out. Same thing over and over!

rogerazz

4x4 Earth Contributer
My Dad had a heart attack in his 60's. Doc told him to give up smoking. He said "Doc, I have given up sex, I have given up drinking, if I give up smoking I might as well be dead". So he kept smoking and lived well into his eighties and enjoyed life to the full.
I don't smoke, but I drink and I ...............
Moral of the story. Yep. people who live in glass houses should not throw stones.
Otherwise, someone out there may want a ban on 4wd'ing.:eek:
Reckon more sh*t is caused by drinking so I will keep quiet.:D
However, you have to make sure you do the right thing as far as fires and other peoples health etc.

Blue_haired_man

My Dad had a heart attack in his 60's. Doc told him to give up smoking. He said "Doc, I have given up sex, I have given up drinking, if I give up smoking I might as well be dead". So he kept smoking and lived well into his eighties and enjoyed life to the full.

I don't smoke, but I drink and I ...............

Moral of the story. Yep. people who live in glass houses should not throw stones.

Otherwise, someone out there may want a ban on 4wd'ing.:eek:

Reckon more sh*t is caused by drinking so I will keep quiet.:D

However, you have to make sure you do the right thing as far as fires and other peoples health etc.

Well put

Cheers Leo