Smoking Banned in NSW National Parks

Blue_haired_man

It is a bit hard, but it is 2014 if you still smoke..... I don't know how smart or how much control to do the right thing someone that still smokes really has.

I see butts getting dropped out of car windows all the time also,

That's a pretty insulting comment.

Cheers Leo

chris_stoffa

4x4 Earth Contributer
That's a pretty insulting comment.

Cheers Leo
Not really , there are worse.:D

Guy I worked with would call smokers "Butt Suckers" ........... could be considered worse by comparison but when you think about that last long drag on the smoke it's a pretty spot on comment.;)

muc the truck

Guy I worked with would call smokers "Butt Suckers" ........... could be considered worse by comparison but when you think about that last long drag on the smoke it's a pretty spot on comment.;)
that got me laughing . If only they would dispose of the butt lawfully when there finished sucking butts . Thankyou for those that do, I really appreciate it . I even thank smokers when I see them doing the right thing.

I walked 800mtrs to the shops today and back and counted 7 people tossing buts out in less than an hour from cars at traffic lights, car park to just out side shops were a butt bin was provided.

Just look at the ground and you all will see what I mean.

chris_stoffa

4x4 Earth Contributer
I've have a nifty little trick if the car in front of me drops a butt out the window at the traffic lights

I just hop out, pick it up and drop it back in through the window straight into their lap with the comment " here you dropped this" and hop back into my vehicle

Gets their attention ( I can't help it if it burns their legs - especially the women) , gets rid of the rubbish by putting it back in the possession of the owner and often gets a great response from other motorists ( they kill themselves laughing, toot horns and cheer .)

Had a guy jump out and threaten to deck me - two other motorists came to help but generally I'm back in the vehicle and gone before they get over their surprise:D

Done it a heap of times now :D:D

Blue_haired_man

Insults are often a sign of not having the intelligence to construct a reasonable comment without caving to childish name calling.

Cheers Leo

chris_stoffa

4x4 Earth Contributer
Insults are often a sign of not having the intelligence to construct a reasonable comment without caving to childish name calling.

Cheers Leo
It wasn't an insult, it was a subtle way of getting smokers to think about what they were doing. If the guy wanted to insult you ............ trust me, you would know you had been insulted;)

Very few smokers would pick up an old ciggie butt to smoke it yet that last drag on the smoke was exactly that............ smokers sucking on a butt.

Made me think............. I'm now a recovering nicotine addict

As to whether some smokers would actually suck butts .............. that may be purely a personal issue :D:D

Blue_haired_man

It wasn't an insult, it was a subtle way of getting smokers to think about what they were doing. If the guy wanted to insult you ............ trust me, you would know you had been insulted;)

Very few smokers would pick up an old ciggie butt to smoke it yet that last drag on the smoke was exactly that............ smokers sucking on a butt.

Made me think............. I'm now a recovering nicotine addict

As to whether some smokers would actually suck butts .............. that may be purely a personal issue :D:D

Well now that you don't approve I better quit. Its a surprise you don't work for the quit line with that outstanding logic.

I never for a second said that smoking was good for you or encouraged others to smoke, all I'm saying is life isn't as black and white as you'd like to think.

In your logic, some people don't agree with alcohol so I guess that's next on the agenda?

Cheers Leo

chris_stoffa

4x4 Earth Contributer
Well now that you don't approve I better quit. Its a surprise you don't work for the quit line with that outstanding logic.

I never for a second said that smoking was good for you or encouraged others to smoke, all I'm saying is life isn't as black and white as you'd like to think.

In your logic, some people don't agree with alcohol so I guess that's next on the agenda?

Cheers Leo
WTF !!! :eek: .............. Sorry, you have lost me with THAT logic. :rolleyes:

That is all.

chris_stoffa

4x4 Earth Contributer
And I'm the stupid one because I smoke?

Cheers Leo
And where in my posts was that inferred or stated. It wasn't. :rolleyes:

At all times I was referring to a third person

The question was asked by yourself, I presume of yourself , therefore I will leave you to answer your own question. :D

=========================================================
Normally , as many here would know, I would drop in a Popcorn Icon
and wait for
response / counter response of all involved but it isn't warranted here.:)

Blue_haired_man

And where in my posts was that inferred or stated. It wasn't. :rolleyes:

At all times I was referring to a third person

The question was asked by yourself, I presume of yourself , therefore I will leave you to answer your own question. :D

Normally , as many here would know, I would drop in a Popcorn Icon
and wait for
response / counter response of all involved but it isn't warranted here.:)

Apologies what it should have said was what would I know I'm a stupid smoker, not that you personally said I was stupid.

Cheers Leo

chris_stoffa

4x4 Earth Contributer
Apologies what it should have said was what would I know I'm a stupid smoker, not that you personally said I was stupid.

Cheers Leo
I can't and won't cast any opinion of the rational of smoking, I don't have that right - Had been a smoker for 25 years and now a throat cancer survivor for just short of 5 years ( in January ) :D:D

Back to the National park thingie............... great idea

I think banning smoking in national parks is a stupid idea. I'd like to see them ban idiots first. Of all the rubbish I see in camp grounds butts are very few and far between. Why not increase general littering fines? There are many wrongful assumptions made about smokers by the general public...but I guess there are many wrongful assumptions by the public about a lot of things.
P.S. I'm not a smoker.