Slow loading

rogerazz

4x4 Earth Contributer
Hi guys, 4x4 Earth tech guy here,

Looking into this. Are there specific times of day this seems to happen? And is it just the forum that appears slow, or the main site ( https://4x4earth.com ) suffering the same issue at the same time? I am currently going through server logs with no obvious culprit so far.
Thursday 14 Feb 2019.... 9.25 a.m. Desktop PC using Firefox browser.
Was on a thread, clicked on "new posts" and just stalled.
Closed the browser and then retried getting back into earth. Was hanging in outer space and after thirty seconds it connected. Then hit the new posts and took about 10 seconds to load up. Now have hit post and it is thinking while I type???? Hit post, still thinking???? No stopped thinking so I will hit post again.

4x4admin

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks for the feedback, I've the seen the issues for myself now. It looks like there is a bottleneck in the queue when requesting pages, and these seem to happen when there are search engine bots hitting the website at the same time (we can't really control when that happens). I've increased the juice on the server to be able to serve more pages at once, and will keep an eye on it to see if the issues continue.

stevemc181

Thanks for the feedback, I've the seen the issues for myself now. It looks like there is a bottleneck in the queue when requesting pages, and these seem to happen when there are search engine bots hitting the website at the same time (we can't really control when that happens). I've increased the juice on the server to be able to serve more pages at once, and will keep an eye on it to see if the issues continue.
Seems to have done the trick, its been loading much faster today.