Simoco UHF Program software

red hilux

Does anyone know where I can find the program that will let me re program my UHF.

The only one that I found on the net was a potential virus

Aquaholics

Simoco took over the Philips 80 series before releasing the 9000 series. Have a look on the transceiver it should have a sticker telling you what it is. Either way the same programming cable is required and the software can be downloaded from the yahoo groups site.

HTH

red hilux

Ive seen a VHF radio on ebay and wondered if it could have been reprogrammed to uhf. Can the simoco radio SRM9000 box be programmed for VHF radio???? I hope it sorta can. I would like to re program it to test my boat VHF

Aquaholics

From memory it can be done but you would be damaging the radio transmitting outside it's designed frequency range. I have mine programmed just outside of the designed range but as RX only, TX is disabled to prevent damage.

Can't you test your VHF with the Coastal Patrol in your area?

I bought a VHF unit. Few years ago and apart for ensuring it worked never used it. They come up often and super cheap so keep an eye out and grab one. Be sure to change antennas if powering it up in your truck to test with the boat.

red hilux

I took the boat out today, sea rescue didnt hear me calling or they must have been to busy to answer.

might try and find someone near me, try boat to boat

TroopiePete

Ive seen a VHF radio on ebay and wondered if it could have been reprogrammed to uhf. Can the simoco radio SRM9000 box be programmed for VHF radio???? I hope it sorta can. I would like to re program it to test my boat VHF

Hi Mate,
While many of the UHF Radios can be programed out of band with out too much problem and little worry of damage to the radio, moving a VHF Radio up to UHF is not something that will work too well especially if it is a lower band Radio.

I have made up a complete 80ch program for the Simoco Radios, at this stage I have not tested it as currently I have no control heads for the Radios, just waiting for them to arrive:eek: