Side steps?

I need to get side steps as stones are eating away at the rear wheels arch front. Any recommendations?

I'd prefer to lose as little clearance as possible but rock slider type bars wont block the stones. BTW, I have standard offset wheels and mudguards so a bit annoying that the stones still manage to hit the rear arches.

Colly18

I have the same issue with my MY2014 Colorado dual cab. I pondered side steps then thought some more about it. I decided I'd seen enough dented sidesteps to encourage me to forget the idea, and keep my ramp-over and side clearance instead. I purchased a spray can of paint to match the vehicle and with a bit of wet & dry roughened up the offending bottom of the rear guards, added a touch of primer and top-coated it. Job done and neat enough until a repeat of the process is required next.

Bomber2012

I need to get side steps as stones are eating away at the rear wheels arch front. Any recommendations?

I'd prefer to lose as little clearance as possible but rock slider type bars wont block the stones. BTW, I have standard offset wheels and mudguards so a bit annoying that the stones still manage to hit the rear arches.
Don't drive on dirt roads....problem solved.

Tink

My ARB Protection Steps seem to stop 99% of stones and rocks, and I have done a lot of outback touring with these on. Last vehicles were either a tray back or wagon.
Tink

billolga

4x4 Earth Contributer
My ARB Protection Steps seem to stop 99% of stones and rocks, and I have done a lot of outback touring with these on. Last vehicles were either a tray back or wagon.
Tink
So do my standard Patrol Steps (With a spare set from a SA Annual for free for when there buggered):cool::)

Tink

So do my standard Patrol Steps (With a spare set from a SA Annual for free for when there buggered):cool::)
Well aren’t you the lucky little vegemite :)
But will they fit the OP’s Colorado? After all that is the subject of this thread, not some random discussion about what works on your old Datto :rolleyes:
Tink