Show us your meat - The BBQ thread

Warby

Simple one tonight.. chicken thighs with a jerk rub on the Weber family Q. Will do dinner tonight and a couple of lunches.

20201208_185659.jpg

CaptainBanana

Thanks Banana Man, top idea, my young bloke has just been asking if we can get buffalo wings. Thanks for the times & temps, we'll give it a go. Is that bbq sauce on them? Looks very golden? PP

What I would do is lay them out on a tray and give them a light salting and leave them for an hour or so in the fridge. The salt will draw the moisture out of the skin and dehydrate them. I would have then pat them dry with paper towel. Chuck them in a bowl and coat them with the sauce pictured. Then do them at 110 degrees for an hour push the temperature up to about 230 and basically cook them until they start to get crispy and golden.

The Sweet Baby Ray's sauce I pictured actually was very mild in flavour not very spicy so people who are not into hot stuff can eat it and did not taste like a bottle of Sugar which the rest of their sauces do taste like

I was very happy and surprised that this sauce worked out of the bottle with no additional ingredients needed - although since I do like things spicy I will be adding a homemade chili powder next time.

Honestly I've never liked the buffalo wings I've have had at restaurants they have always just been a bit rubbery and covered dripping in sauce but these turned out absolutely fantastic

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201215_065217_com.android.chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20201215_065217_com.android.chrome.jpg
    458.6 KB · Views: 41
Last edited:

MrPoopypants

What I would do is lay them out on a tray and give them a light salting and leave them for an hour or so in the fridge. The salt will draw the moisture out of the skin and dehydrate them. I would have then pat them dry with paper towel. Chuck them in a bowl and coat them with the sauce pictured. Then do them at 110 degrees for an hour push the temperature up to about 230 and basically cook them until they start to get crispy and golden.

The Sweet Baby Ray's sauce I pictured actually was very mild in flavour not very spicy so people who are not into hot stuff can eat it and did not taste like a bottle of Sugar which the rest of their sauces do taste like

I was very happy and surprised that this sauce worked out of the bottle with no additional ingredients needed - although since I do like things spicy I will be adding a homemade chili powder next time.

Honestly I've never liked the buffalo wings would have had them at restaurants they have always just been a bit rubbery and covered dripping in sauce but these turned out absolutely fantastic
Thanks, I'll hunt down the sauce and get onto it. PP

cam04

My favourite cut, standing rib fillet, reverse seared at 90 degrees until rare, rested and then seared off and served with the red wine jus. It finishes somewhere around medium rare but the slow cooking extends the pink all the way and and still renders the fat correctly. Rubbed with salt, rosemary, thyme and garlic.

Attachments

• IMG_0836 copy copy.pdf
    61.4 KB · Views: 54

CaptainBanana

My favourite cut, standing rib fillet, reverse seared at 90 degrees until rare, rested and then seared off and served with the red wine jus. It finishes somewhere around medium rare but the slow cooking extends the pink all the way and and still renders the fat correctly. Rubbed with salt, rosemary, thyme and garlic.

I've been meaning to cook that but never have enough people around to serve it.

Does it tend to be dry on the ends or is it nice throughout?

cam04

I've been meaning to cook that but never have enough people around to serve it.

Does it tend to be dry on the ends or is it nice throughout?
The pic makes it look dry but it is anything but. The meat loses very little moisture during the cook. I'm not a die hard reverse searer like some, but for fatty cuts like fillet it is ideal. By the time the jus gets 1/2 a bottle of pepperjack shiraz and the cook gets the other 1 1/2 bottles, the result is always bloody fantastic!

JamesBrown89

Ok guys,

It seems a few of us like a bit of meat - some more than others I think so I thought we could fire this up to discuss your cook ups and BBQ's.

I cook on a pitboss 850 pellet grill, I use mostly hickory but occasionally a competition blend of hickory and cherry.

I'll get a few photos up to start things off.

View attachment 70234 View attachment 70235 View attachment 70236 View attachment 70234 View attachment 70235 View attachment 70236 View attachment 70237 View attachment 70238 View attachment 70239 View attachment 70240 View attachment 70241
The photos look so cool that I wanted to eat! It is very tasty in appearance, tell me how you made the meat in the first photo with such a crust? I have never seen such a thing