Show us your Mahindra

Steve Holland

That's good news that the problem has been solved.
I have just fitted Ironman load plus helper springs to the rear of mine to help with load and towing, seems to be okay and it has raised the rear up to level the vehicle out due to the wind up of the torsion bars.
Yet to test offroad.
I will upgrade the suspension later (40 - 50mm lift) when I can afford it.
They told me I could fit the helper springs on my suspension upgrade if i needed for towing the old caravan.

Known2

Great looking truck Steve,
When I had my bulbar trimmed back last year I spoke to the rep about modifying them from the factory, at least your dealer was helpful in modifying it. also the factory upper bump stops are not long enough , even with the front wound up on standard tyres mine would hit the guard on rough dirt roads. hope they fixed that for the 2015 model.
I badly damaged one of my new 265's on there first trip through scrubbing , so now the guards have been moulded a bit as well.
took it for it first offroading since fitting the extended shackles and even though it increased wheel travel a bit the factory rear suspension with the reset springs is still to stiff to offer much travel. EFS springs ans longer shocks is next on the list.

few pics from cruiser park.

Known2

if it is of any interest it seems that lokka make a auto front diff lock for Mahindra scorpio's that should fit out pickups.

Steve Holland

Thanks for the info, I think full suspension upgrade will be next on my list including new heavy duty torsion bars rather than keep the original ones.

Known2

Yeh the standard to rain bars are pretty soft, but give a nice ride.
Does anyone do any heavy towing with there's? .
Towed my 2.5 tonne boat for the first time on Sunday and it started getting hot on the highway as soon as I put it in 5th at 100kph. Was Ok in 4th at 90 kph but still got hot on hills

Known2

By the way just created a Facebook group for mahindra and other smaller brands on facebook if you wanna join. And if you have any mates with great walls or tatas or fotons let them know

Search: The Other guys offroaders

Known2

Thats good to hear, mine have been wound up around 50mm and i seem top have about 30mm of droop remaining. wanted to do a body lift to but was advised it was to big of a job,

what flares do you have on yours Steve?, i havnt seen ones without screws before. they look like a better design.
On another note Ive found one of my Allied wheels buckled after a weekend at LCMP a few months back. Allied wont cover such things under warrenty as they state it was used outside its intended purpose(18 psi in a offroad envirment). Seeing as Allied only make 4WD wheels they should be stronger, this is the 2nd Allied wheel i've had fail over the years.

Steve Holland

My flares were purchased through the Mahindra dealer in Toowoomba as part of my vehicle package, I am not sure where they sourced them from but they were also colour matched to the vehicle.

14FNX

Adventure SUV Magazine just published a review on th Mahindra XUV500 W8. Verdict?

"Overall it's a simply designed SUV that performed really well with a few tech tricks, but needs attention to its cockpit design, especially the dashboards speedo and back lighting. Overall it's good value at around $34,990 on the road and should be a good drive of a family that might require the occasional use of seven seat."

Nice change from a magazine to give a fair go to non Toyota/Big Brand vehicles. Actually, it's not a bad read. Check it out.

pikup

Thanks for the info, I think full suspension upgrade will be next on my list including new heavy duty torsion bars rather than keep the original ones.
any one interestd pedders have heavy torsion bars have them fitted made big improvement lifted 35mil for shaft angle
also Nissan GQ manual hubs replace auto hubs

pikup

known2 you have hit on the reason I put standard steels on mine 245/75 /16 10 ply hero dynastorm mt, after over 40 years in tyre game seen to many alloys bent ,at least with steel you can belt them into shape to get home.
I have now put a bash plate on to protect the alloy sump got it from Mahindra in Toowoomba about $ 220 took about 2hr to fit, next I am going to fit manual hubs auto ones are too weak I think hear a few people have busted them, that's about all I am doing , hope to do the cape again end of 17

pikup

g/day does anyone know where the breathers are on the pikup gear & transfer have found both diffs and will extend them,
also is there a mahindra club in qld I started a machinery club a few years ago and don't want do it again
so if someone dose I will join,

Angry1450

does the standard Mahindra alternator handle a dual battery set up? any advice much appreciated. also any advice on exhaust mods. looking at a 2010Mahindra 2.5 litre turbo. any issues with these little beasties? I know about the wheel bearings etc, have been reading this forum for a while. looking at towing a van , around 1900kg . what do you think?

pikup

angry 1450 from what I have been told the alt can handle duel battery set up I have a duel battery charger but I have not got it fitted yet. I don't know about your model exhaust mine had a flat bit under the x member on the rh side asked exhaust shop to replace it with about 2 feet of straight pipe I think it made a bit of improvement next I
will chuck the 20lt tin they call a muffler out and fit a free flow .
I am getting rid of the auto hubs have found out Nissan GQ hubs fit a lot cheaper than Mahindra one
As for towing a van of that weight don't use 5th gear too much strain on the box . also a old hand caravaner told me
not to use cruise control. hope some of this helps from pikup

Angry1450

thanks. plenty of people have told me the Mahindra tows well for its size etc,i know some on here tow 2 and a half tonne boats. the GQ hubs is a good tip. we used a Mahindra to tow a 1.5 tonne trailer across to Perth and back from Brisvegas a few years back on a bike run and the car stayed with the bikes most of the way at around 120 to 140 ks and it didn't seem to strain too much. that's sorta what put me on too them.

pikup

I am not surprised about 120 to 140 ks mine feels better at about 110 or a bit more ,but the muddies reeeely sing at that speed but they feel a lot better than the tyres they came out with a lot more positive on wet roads ,I think combined with the heavier torsion bars the thing handles better I left rear stock rated at 1ton cant see any point to change have you done any mods to yours yet ?