Show us your Mahindra

Known2

well this is my truck,
2014 pickup ,
mods,
*factory bulbar and snorkel,
*240sx flares, front suspension wound up , rear spring reset to match ( but have sagged),
*265/70R17 mickey thompson atz's on custom drilled allied 17/8.5 rims.
*modified and raised sump baseplate, custom fuel tank bash plate,
* 40L sub fuel and 40L water tank mounted under tray with pumps.
*custom undertray toolboxes behind rear axel
*L.E.D spot lights front and work lights on head board.
*UHF radio and custom stereo with dvd head unit , morell speakers in front doors and focal in the roof, twin 13i slim line subs behind rear seat.
*under bonnet duel battery system and extended diff and gear box breathers.

Known2

Cheers Aaron.
Keen to see what other owners are doing with them.
I think it was cyberess's build I read up on and learnt a bit before deciding to buy mine.

tim2chins

very nice, I am looking at the 80 litre under tray water tank but a split of 40 water/40 diesel sounds interesting. What under tray tanks did you use?
I am currently wiring up dual battery system/solar/lighting in my canopies (I have 2 1400Lx650Wx1000h on either side of the tray).
I have found trying to find a roof rack/basket to be a pain, since most of them are 1250 wide and our roof gutters are approx. 1450, the gutter mounts are not wide enough.
I am now after a suspension upgrade, looking at either dobsons, ironman or the fulcrum (waiting on a price from dobsons, ironman is about $1400 and fulcrum $2000 plus fitting)
Cheers Tim

Known2

Can't remeber where I got the tanks from but they are plastic and sit one atop the other.

The roof racks are from Rolla and a roof cage to suite a defender 90 is a good match for the pick up.

The guys at opposite lock mackay have that set up on there pickup. They can also put the duel battery system under your bonnet.

Worth having a chat to them if you got questions regarding roof racks .

tim2chins

I found a roof rack on Friday and it arrived yesterday, I am trying to upload some photos. It is from aussie auto parts was $429 plus freight. I am pleased with it, wish it was 10-30cm longer. Dimensions are 1.1m long and 1.46m wide, which is roughly the same width as the roof gutters. Has a mount for a spare tyre welded in. which is perfect for me as the rear of my tray has a gas bottle holder and room for 6x 10 litre willow diesel/water jerry cans.

Last edited:

tim2chins

looked at the landrover 90 roof racks/baskets, for me they where too long (@1800). I didn't want any over hang at the rear of the cabin as I have a 110w solar panel on the drivers side tool box on the tray. A 1500 long tray would be perfect. I did think about roof bars from kayman (like rhino heavy duty but much cheaper) matched with either a 1200x1500 rhino mesh platform or a 650x1500 mesh basket and 650x1500 mesh platform.
In the end I choose that one, I felt it would be more robust. No u bolts to attach the baskets etc.

Known2, I have taken a snapshot of your hub axle cover, it's a lot prettier than mine. Is this a mod you did and if so how can I get this?

Known2

Hey Kiwi , no mods to the hub. The new wheels have a greater offset so the standard hub fits in behind the center cap.
Allied Wheels (USA) have a small selection of wheels they will custom drill for a mahindra with a few varying offsets

OK you say the "new" wheels, I understand yours is a 2014 model, mine is a 2015 model and has hubs that are the old, ugly style.

So your hub covers as pictured came as stock standard? If so I will take this up with my dealer.

Steve Holland

Mine is a 2015 model with 17" Allied Wheels, 265/70/R17 Maxxis Tyres.
Has factory fitted winch bullbar, snorkel, wheel arch flares, heavy duty tow-bar, tub liner and fibreglass canopy.
I have fitted a titan drawer system in the rear and made my own side wings and a 12000lb Domin8r winch.
I did have a clearance issue with the larger wheels and tyres, the torsion bar had to be wound up and the sides of the bullbar cut back so far so good.
I think i will need to add the extended shackles to the rear springs which I am led to believe that they are (EFS) and can be supplied by Direct Suspension.
If there are any other suppliers for the extended shackles I would be glad to receive any details.
A couple of photos below.

DSC01059 (800x532).jpg
DSC01061 (800x532).jpg

I'm about to get the torsion bars on my one raised, can I ask how much height you got it raised?

Also, could you put a pic of the inside of the bulbar where it was cut to give tyre clearance? I also have problems with the muddies hitting the bullbars but been afraid to cut the bullbars incase it decreases strength.

Steve Holland

I believe that the torsion bars raised the front about 35-40mm.
The bulbar was modified by the Mahindra dealership I purchased the vehicle from.
I mentioned to them that the bulbar requires a design change due to this problem.
Hope these photos help.
DSC01079 (800x532).jpg
DSC01080 (800x532).jpg
DSC01081 (800x532).jpg
DSC01082 (800x532).jpg

OK haven't modified the bulbar but yesterday I got the dealer to wind up the torsion bars to raise the front 30 mm, which they did. Today I changed the tyres back to the muddies that were giving the problem, and had the wheels re aligned. Then I had to go do some work in some rough country so had a good drive around hitting bumps hard and turning hard lock over rough ground, the problem has gone I could not get the tyres to hit on or rub anything. Pretty sure it's solved.

The vehicle has a bulbar weighing 52 kg's, plus a winch weighing another 18 kg's. I think that was enough to drop the front somewhat and cause my issues, requiring a torsion bar wind to rebalance things. I did not want to wind them up far as they can go, but hoped that 30 mm's would work and it seems to have. :)