Show us your handy work!

Bainsy

4x4 Earth Contributer
Hey guys, i thought id start up a thread where you can show off your handy work! show us things you have constructed by yourself for your 4wd, such as rear draws, consoles, bar work ect as well as installations like winches and radios. if u have made or installed it yourself, throw it up!

Grey Ghost

4x4 Earth Contributer
Something like this Bainsy?.....
2010_0704BB.jpg

My camper spat a wheel bearing cover, twice, on the Gawler Ranges trip so I used what we had on hand to keep the sand and the grease separated.

oznog05

Hi Bainsy,

I'm doing rear draws for the Hilux. So I will post some pics as I'm going. Should be finished in a week or two.

1 red gu

here is a few things i have done in the shed over a few beers
made the cargo barrier and draws also a sub box that fits between the back seat and straps for the baby seat
done a full rebuild of the camper including new tent,kitchen, pull out bbq, two 100ah batts on the draw bar ,the spair tyre is on full hub and bearings so it is a easy fast swop over

also big thanks to a member of this forum for all the gas work for the bbq and tailgate kitchen:D:D:D
now in making rock sliders and scrub bars will post picks when finished:D

Last edited:

Bainsy

4x4 Earth Contributer
modded bullbar for better approach angle

570512_z1.jpg

also installed a warn highmout winch, recovery hooks either side. modded light mounts to fit the lightforces better and added rope loops. also welded in new antenna mounts

957292_hook.jpg

1 red gu

made this trailer to carry all the bikes when we go down hill'en works great to:D

Last edited:

Bainsy

4x4 Earth Contributer
i smacked on a turbo and ported manafold. custom built garrett roller bearing turbo built by JPC

sawnoff3.jpg

sawnoff4.jpg

Also made my own exhaust system

Got a blank when i got the turbo and cut the hole basicly the same size as the gasket, pressed in 3" pipe and welded it in

04082009518.jpg

got some 3" bends and straits. cut and dummied it all together with masking tape and welded it all together

08082009539.jpg

07082009532.jpg

08082009539.jpg

Bainsy

4x4 Earth Contributer
nice work bainsy

thanks, im not a welder or nuthing either i just like to have a play and learn as i go along. got tonnes more aswell but thats enough for 1 week! you done a nice job as well. those draws came up great and the trailer looks good.

Alien d2

4x4 Earth Contributer
My dash mounted "Engine Saver",
PICT1625.jpg

Had to make a heat sheild after fitting a longer 2'nd battery and modifing the tray,
PICT1584.jpg

:D:D:D

CHUAH1

Only a home made job, but it does the job.... :D

Attachments

• IMG_0334.JPG
    IMG_0334.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 149
  • IMG_0333.JPG
    IMG_0333.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 136
  • IMG_0332.JPG
    IMG_0332.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 119

THE 200

picture of the trailer my old man brought like 15 years ago all so has a boat loader as well .. its gone around oz and a lot of trips away so i have decided to put a new floor in and new paint job same as the 200 and new set of wheels and i em planning on putting a trailer top tent

Attachments

• ..Trail.jpg
    ..Trail.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 125

Artie

Just found this thread , awesome job guys . Mods look great . I've done some of my own , i was given some shelves for the back of the cruiser & i modded them to suit my needs. Had to cut the bottom shelf to fit the cut down sub box . Then built a draw for the bottom which is angled to suit the wheel arch . Also made a winch cradle for the winch to suit a non winch alloy bar .Also turned an old steel gate into a roof rack to carry my spare wheels when we get away 4byin . I'll get some pic's soon & put them up on here as soon as i work out how :eek::D:D
Next on the list is a fridge slide .

Cheers Artie :D

Bainsy

4x4 Earth Contributer
good to see theres a few of us having a go at our own handy work! keep up the good work guys!