Show Us Ya VIGUS

Mattjmc

Yeah the 2.4 diesel is bit underpowered with only 90kw but it's got a fair bit of grunt in first I'm assuming this will help when in 4wd mode. Just waiting on accessories to become available. Surprisingly dealer is way cheaper than any of the 4wd shops I've looked at.

Mattjmc

Oh yeah fuel is great too first tank I'm on and have done 650km and am sitting between a quarter and half a tank.

03hilux

Any idea as to what after market accessories are available? Does it share a chassis with a Japanese ute?Such as IZUZU. I know the petrol engine is sourced from Mitsubitshi , and the diesel is sourced from Ford.
If not, and being a new product on the market, it may be worthwhile speaking to TJM or Opposite Lock, and have them measure the chassis, body width and front apron to see is a product already exists.
Of course, that's if you want to put a bar upfront.

Mattjmc

The bar will be released in June I'm told it's going through testing now. might head into tjm tomorrow if got time cos I'm itching to start blowing my hard earned on the new car. The local tow bar joint quoted me $1800 for tow bar as he has to custom make it. Dealer will do it for $700 fitted.

03hilux

The local tow bar joint quoted me $1800 for tow bar as he has to custom make it. Dealer will do it for $700 fitted.
That dealer price indicates to me it may be a "common" chassis. The local guy sounds like he needs spending money for his trip on the QE2.

Known2

Had a look at these month or so ago, was supprised with the nice interior bar the ugly seat material .
Proper sized tyres on the 4wd model and struts up front will make it easy to lift.
Seems like the engine tune is the same as the 2.4l defender.

Mattjmc

Had a look at these month or so ago, was supprised with the nice interior bar the ugly seat material .
Proper sized tyres on the 4wd model and struts up front will make it easy to lift.
Seems like the engine tune is the same as the 2.4l defender.
I thought the leather looked like crap so I got the cloth trim lx model. I been to a few suspension joints and they not to sure what lift kit will suit. Pedders said bring it in and they will put it on the hoist and have a look. Bull bar prototypes are out in 2 weeks so will have a look at the dealer when they arrive. Had it off road couple of times now and it goes great. Really good on diesel aswell. I know it's a great unknown buying one but I'm happy to be a guinea pig for the price. Just wanna get a lift kit installed and winch so I can really test it out.

Known2

Be interesting to find out what suspension fits, more than likely the lift out of another truck will work.
The engine should be good. Does it have the same borg'warner transfer case most of the other small brands are using?. If so it's low range is very good, but lack of center difflock sucks

Mattjmc

Once it's lifted I'll post a picture. I have no idea what Borg Warner transfer case it's running wouldn't even know where to look to find that out. Yes low range is pretty good crawls down steep hills nicely. Diff lockers would be nice for extra peace of mind I've read about tjm air lockers but heard they can blow ur diff up so doubt I'd try them

03hilux

Once it's lifted I'll post a picture. I have no idea what Borg Warner transfer case it's running wouldn't even know where to look to find that out. Yes low range is pretty good crawls down steep hills nicely. Diff lockers would be nice for extra peace of mind I've read about tjm air lockers but heard they can blow ur diff up so doubt I'd try them
There should be a tag or a number on the case and g'box. Find that and then begin a google search, or call Borg Warner at Seven Hills. (they recently changed name)