Show us ya catch

lars cordes

off point cook port phillip bay, young blokes dog likes her squid fresh . we cant go fishing here in vic but we can post about it
20181227_104022.jpg

discomatt

thats a ripper kingie, would have gone like a freight train id imagine.
Yep, I have caught 4 foot sharks off the beach that were easier to bring in, that day we caught about 8 King fish and a few good sharks.
The first big one on the hook felt like I was going to have me ripped in half and dragged over the edge of the boat, awesome fishing if you ever get a chance to get out to Lord Howe also a beautiful island, its just a shame you need to sell your soul to stay there....

cam04

We get big kings in 130m off a wreck here in Brisbane. They fight the whole way up and then some. Hardest, longest fighting fish I’ve caught. They just don’t seem to get barotrauma and never give up, then swim away like nothing happened.

cam04

Ed is a great bloke and thoroughly deserving of nailing that red. He has worked that ground for a very long time.

Komang

Guess I never have luck catch big fish thus arfo ready to pack and go but the small rod (5lbs line for catch bait ) still in the water got hook might around 5kg GT almost land it in sand but it snap the line with his final run.
This just 1,5kg Travelly with small rod too

Attachments

• 2A4CD62F-0F59-4249-995A-C6D208CCBE07.jpeg
    2A4CD62F-0F59-4249-995A-C6D208CCBE07.jpeg
    472.8 KB · Views: 95
This is the biggest trout I've ever caught. Thought I'd have to be in NZ to get one this big, not the New England region of NSW. A big old fella who'd been in there a while I reckon, fell to one of the New England Glister Nymph patterns I've invented. GoPro footage so you really can't get an appreciation of how big this fish was, about 7lbs I estimate, but did not weigh him as I wanted the poor old bugger to swim away quickly.

boobook

Now, that is a bloody nice Rainbow ComfortablyNumb.

My biggest out of the Howqua last week was 1 1/2 pounds off a woodruff fly. It was a really nice fish in fantastic condition, but nothing compared to that monster.

I dropped my sunnies in the river with all the excitementment. I went back the next morning to where I caught it, and there were my sunnies sitting on the bed of the river in 2 feet of running water. I figure it was Karma for putting him back.

cam04

This is the biggest trout I've ever caught. Thought I'd have to be in NZ to get one this big, not the New England region of NSW. A big old fella who'd been in there a while I reckon, fell to one of the New England Glister Nymph patterns I've invented. GoPro footage so you really can't get an appreciation of how big this fish was, about 7lbs I estimate, but did not weigh him as I wanted the poor old bugger to swim away quickly.

Looks like Styx country. Maybe they lost a few from the farm in the recent rain? Like the Barra we look for after the dams spill up this way. Congrats.

Now, that is a bloody nice Rainbow ComfortablyNumb.

My biggest out of the Howqua last week was 1 1/2 pounds off a woodruff fly. It was a really nice fish in fantastic condition, but nothing compared to that monster.

I dropped my sunnies in the river with all the excitementment. I went back the next morning to where I caught it, and there were my sunnies sitting on the bed of the river in 2 feet of running water. I figure it was Karma for putting him back.
Cheers, though that fella is a brownie.

I lost my sunnies chasing bass a while ago, but retraced my steps and found them in the grass.

Lost my line nippers & tippet material in a trout stream though recently, and they were just swept away forever.

Looks like Styx country. Maybe they lost a few from the farm in the recent rain? Like the Barra we look for after the dams spill up this way. Congrats.
Not too far from the Styx, but not the Styx.

No, this fella was not a recent stockie/escapee. He has grown up in this river over many years & has been smart enough to avoid anglers who would eat him (he'd taste like shit @ that size/age too).

phs

Where was that PHS? Nice catch.
Tasmania mate,

Beautiful spot, several hour hike sort of need to camp it’s too much to walk in an out in a day + renowned for weather Turning bad which makes navigating impossible.

MrPoopypants

Good job mate. Beaut fish. Hasnt the fishing been great? So much water. The Blue Mts have been fantastic,too. In the Snowies at the moment. Heading off to look for a brook trout on fly. I believe you have a few up your way? Great stuff, keep ‘em coming. Cheers PP

cam04

Not too far from the Styx, but not the Styx.

No, this fella was not a recent stockie/escapee. He has grown up in this river over many years & has been smart enough to avoid anglers who would eat him (he'd taste like shit @ that size/age too).
The sum total of my trout fishing career is a day sitting on a boat trolling deep lures on that lake in Queenstown NZ. Then we got bored and the guide produced some weapons so we started taking shots at deer - not easy off a boat. Then I tried to BBQ them in the snow back at the unit - they don’t taste like coral trout haha.

The sum total of my trout fishing career is a day sitting on a boat trolling deep lures on that lake in Queenstown NZ. Then we got bored and the guide produced some weapons so we started taking shots at deer - not easy off a boat. Then I tried to BBQ them in the snow back at the unit - they don’t taste like coral trout haha.
Before the pandemic, I'd get over to Queenstown at least once per year to chase trout on fly.
Queenstown has gone downhill though compared to 20 odd yrs ago - lots more tourists, lots more fishing pressure, harder to catch trout than it used to be unless you are a local with secret spots.
Yeah, boat trolling does not do it for me. Much prefer fishing from the bank, stalking visible fish on rivers.
Was fishing a lake just outside Queenstown once when a chopper appeared over the ridge and suddenly the air was full of bullets - a guided deer hunting trip I believe. NZ has not gone down the OH&S/lawyers at 50 paces path to the same extent as Oz....which is probably the only way their big adventure tourism industry can get by.

cam04

Before the pandemic, I'd get over to Queenstown at least once per year to chase trout on fly.
Queenstown has gone downhill though compared to 20 odd yrs ago - lots more tourists, lots more fishing pressure, harder to catch trout than it used to be unless you are a local with secret spots.
Yeah, boat trolling does not do it for me. Much prefer fishing from the bank, stalking visible fish on rivers.
Was fishing a lake just outside Queenstown once when a chopper appeared over the ridge and suddenly the air was full of bullets - a guided deer hunting trip I believe. NZ has not gone down the OH&S/lawyers at 50 paces path to the same extent as Oz....which is probably the only way their big adventure tourism industry can get by.
Yes, if you have the means in NZ, anything is pretty much possible. I love their outlook and their fierce independence.