Change background image

Show us some photos of you stuck somewhere

Discussion in 'Photography' started by Brisey, Jan 20, 2014.

1. Brisey

Brisey Member

Most of us don't like to talk about getting stuck but I think it is all part of our sport. I don't mind sharing my mishaps lets see some bogged rigs.

This was in Dwellingup WA when a mate got into some big ruts. He eventually tipped the jeep on it' side. All good we pushed it back over & we carried on

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This one is at Telephone lane in Mundijong WA the mud section is only about 1km long but it took us 3 hours to get through it

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I'll hunt up some of me being stuck soon.

Cheers

Bri

phs and Mr Rum like this.
  2. darb

darb Well-Known Member

It's never happened, I've never been bogged at all. This photo was simply saving fuel by getting winched through soft bits instead of driving... environment saving measure you know.

(this really isn't bogged, it was my first day out in the hilux. have been bogged properly but have no photos!
    [​IMG]

billolga, 80lover96gxl and Mr Rum like this.
  3. 03hilux

03hilux 4x4 Earth Contributer

4. Brisey

Brisey Member

5. Toddyh

Toddyh Well-Known Member

A forum member fairly well stuck (note not bogged like the other thread). I think it's been long enough that we can laugh about it now.

sent from the world out there

Attached Files:

Bomber2012 and Mr Rum like this.
  6. underdog

underdog Well-Known Member

If that's true, I still have the winching video somewhere.

Respectfully,
    Ian.

7. Toddyh

Toddyh Well-Known Member

I reckon the user i question would be OK with it being posted now.

8. cloughcarib

cloughcarib Well-Known Member

I didn't know anyone had pics. Good shot.
    And vid? Can you hear the bolts breaking on the winch?:(

9. Gavo

Gavo 4x4 Earth Contributer

Haha go for it. Insurance has been sorted and I have a newer better truck!

No man ever cut himself bearding!

Attached Files:

phs and Mr Rum like this.
  10. Toddyh

Toddyh Well-Known Member

Truth be know Ian took that shot not me. But yeah it is a good one.

11. mac_man_luke

mac_man_luke Well-Known Member

One of only 2 time iv ever been stuck, second trip ever - ute had only 3,000km on it!

[​IMG]

phs, 80lover96gxl and Mr Rum like this.
  12. cloughcarib

cloughcarib Well-Known Member

Are those HT's on sand?;) Good choice:p:D

13. mac_man_luke

mac_man_luke Well-Known Member

14. underdog

I have at least 10 photos and 2 videos, haha.. and yes, you can definitely hear the BANG when your mounting bolts let go in the video. You took it like a champ on the day though! I saw some true character from all involved that day though.

Really glad it all worked out for you in the end, mate. That was a pretty rough thing for you to go through, I definitely wasn't going to post the video or any photos until you gave me the official ok.

I thought that looked familiar! Haha, at least you're honest, I didn't even know myself :eek:

I will attempt to upload the video to YouTube this arvo and where should I post the link? (Gavo should probably make that call if he wants to) maybe your old ride thread? Or should we take a page from bally and start our own thread? Could be titled; "How a roll-over recovery SHOULD be done". or "Emergency Recoveries: Doing it right" ;)

Respectfully,
    Ian.

15. Gavo

Gavo 4x4 Earth Contributer

Ian my old truck thread would be winner I think.

You watch though some champ will find something we did wrong and dangerous and we should have done this and should have done that blah blah.
    But until you have 50k worth of truck lying on its side leaking oil into intake from sump I don't care if that person thinks we should have done it differently.
    We got it over and drove it to a safe location.
    Rant over.

No man ever cut himself bearding!

billolga likes this.
  16. Swaggie

Swaggie Moderator

A few years back..

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

phs likes this.
  17. Campin40

Campin40 Member

Great photos Swaggie. Water crossings are the one thing that gets me nervous. So much can go so wrong very quickly. How did the truck pull up? Much water get in?
    Waz.

18. underdog

No worries, Gav.

Respectfully,
    Ian.

19. 03hilux

03hilux 4x4 Earth Contributer

A "my old truck " thread is a great idea. Would there be rules on the thread, such as the truck had to be written off, or just any truck will be suffice?
    There is the "Remember Me" section with is for written off vehicles. Maybe a specific thread in there.

Gav, that's not a rant, its purely speaking the truth.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2014
  20. Swaggie

Swaggie Moderator

Yeah mate very little damage, vehicle filled up with water around console height, but the lucky part we had the next 3 days at 30 degrees which helped to dry things out.. Gearbox had water in it and blew my two headlight Globes and starter motor which I should of just taken out and cleaned.

I nearly made it, was 3/4 across but lost front steering due to floating, it became very light as the water pressure spun me around backwards down the small rapids all this happens very quickly and the vehicle wound up on a rocky ledge.. It took us about 40 minutes to recover...

Now I have the Kaymar bar on its never even looked like floating....